tummy tuck mexico,or us

hollykim
on 1/10/14 7:01 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I am presently in Monterrey Mx having had several procedures I with Dr. Cauceda. He does excellent beautiful work and I have  have had  problems. You can check my updates his OH grop page.

gL

PetHairMagnet
on 1/27/14 10:04 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

I am presently in Monterrey Mx having had several procedures I with Dr. Cauceda. He does excellent beautiful work and I have  have had  problems. You can check my updates his OH grop page.

gL

You had surgery less than a year ago, are still not at goal and having plastics?

That, OP, would be of concern to me, if what is on the profile for hollykim is correct. It seems the rule is to have been at goal weight for 6 months and then have surgery when you are in the US. If they are going that far off protocol in Mexico, that would set off alarm bells for me. 

Now it is entirely possible that the poster had surgery on a different date and was at goal for 6 months, but if not, that just worries the goodness out of me. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

hollykim
on 1/27/14 11:29 am, edited 1/27/14 11:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I actually had a VSG 3 years ago and convert erred to the DS in March of 2013. I never lost that much more after the DS.

When I consulted with Dr. Sauceda, he advised me to stop losing weight then because I was at a good point for him to have something left to work with,especially in the butt and the breasts. 

I took his advice because I was tired after nearly 4 years of active weight loss and decided it was Jo longer the most important thing to me to get to "goal". I have been successful in my weight loss journey and that is what is important to me. 

MyBariatricLife
on 1/27/14 10:44 pm

Hi HollyKim, would you mind sharing how much  additional weight you were able to lose when you converted your surgery? Years ago I had hoped to convert my gastric bypass to DS but it was. to covered by insurance so I did not do it, as well, there seemed to be a lot of concerns around safety and thwt scared me. I was never satisfied with my weight loss from RNY. Thank God that plastic surgery finally gave me the body I love. 

I have a friend who had the DS and she said she can eat whatever she wants, and in fact she sometimes has to eat "more" to keep from losing weight. Do you find that to be true with the DS?

thanks and I am glad that you, too, are now satisfied with your body after having had plastic surgery.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

hollykim
on 1/28/14 12:03 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I only. Lost an additional 15#. But let me say here, I also don't think I received a traditional D s. I believe I received the. New one loop procedure that surgeons are now trying. I only had another 50# to lose when I converted and I believe that is why he went that route.

many traditional DSers are like your friend. Most of them can't eat " everything" as we do absorb 100% of carbs and sugar. Some do have to eat more,but it of course should always be protein first and low carb. 

I a

finally. Decided after 4 years of active weight loss,that I don't care if I. Never reach "goal". Goal is just a number. I have lost 115# and. Maintained the loss and that wea my real goal anyway. Thanks for. Your support and yes ,I am. Pretty. Happy.

drfisherps
on 1/21/14 11:17 am

Hi Ella.

My name is Peter Fisher. I am a Plastic Surgeon in practice for 24 yrs. I have been specializing in post bariatric body contouring for over 13 yrs. I live in San Antonio. Not many plastic surgeons specialize in this work and even less get consistently good results. There are excellent surgeons in Mexico. The problem is that if you get any complications, which are fairly high in this type of surgery then you are stuck there or have to go back. I would suggest reviewing web sites and  emailing or talking to the surgeons to get a feel for the surgeon and what you want to do.

hollykim
on 1/28/14 12:10 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

with all due respect Dr. Fisher,this is incorrect information. Certainly,there are doctors in the US *****fuse to treat patients who have used the medical tourism option. 

I personally have had two PCP's and a nurse.  Practitioner who were thrilled to follow me after weight loss surgery. And, now ,after plastics.  I was in an urgent care facility recently and received the care I needed without problem and insurance covered it.  It is IMPERATIVE ,however that anyone having plastics out of the country have these medical professionals on board before hand. 

What is really sad is the state of health insurance in the US that forces some of us to have to seek our medically necessary care out of the country. I personally will be forever grateful that I was able and had the safe option to buy my surgeries out of the US at a price  that was realistic and that I could afford. 

drfisherps
on 1/28/14 4:05 am
I think we actually are more in agreement than not. I'm happy that you found aftercare here in the states that was covered by insurance. My concern is about those that cannot.
Crazeru
on 1/27/14 9:31 am

I've been in Dr Sauceda's OR 3 times.  I'm very happy with my results, the care I received, and my overall PS experience in Monterrey Mexico.  The group here on OH has over 300 folks who've been to Dr Sauceda and most have posted about their experiences.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active