2weeks out TT doing good

Shanelle S.
on 1/6/14 10:16 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 01/17/12

Hello all. Yesterday marked 2 weeks for my extended tummy tuck. I had a easy recovery. I don't know if it was because I was so afraid and syked myself up for the worst or just plain prayer. I had surgery at noon on 12/23 and was able to participate in minimal Christmas activities w/o pain. I did opt for q pump and I did take hydro codon for pain. My drains came out on 12/30 and that relieved discomfort a lot. I was 196 going in and sadly I am still 196. But I am extremely satisfied with my tummy being flatter. I did not have unrealistic expectations as I know I am a heavy weight. my appetite is off the chain too hence why I have not lost any weight.  Also do not drink as much water as I should but plan on getting on track. Scars are ugly and I did not get rid of any older scars or stretch marks they just moved down. Little disappointed in that but am at piece with it. I will try to post b4 and after pictures. I tried but says I can't cut and paste from phone. i am up and at malls so I would say I am quite capable to return to work tomorrow. have not experienced swell hell yet and will not be a bit disappointed if it skips me. I can't wear preop pants tho cuz I must have gained 10 pounds in my hips lol. Hopefully I will get in shape and lose a few pounds and inches in the next month or so. Just giving an update. Feel free to ask any questions on my experience. Will be happy to share. Happy New Year!

Revision from LB Highest Weight 267 SW 248.9 CW 188.4 GW 175       

TracyK
on 1/6/14 10:39 pm - FL

Congrats to you on your TT.  I will be 3 weeks out tomorrow and I could not be happier.  I too still have stretch marks but I am not unhappy since I consider them a badge of honor having 2 beautiful children.  The recovery has been quite easy and I am surprised as well.  I read so many other posts and thought this was going to be a hellish experience.  I did not have any pain pumps and was just on the pain pill the doctor prescribed for the first 7 days.  Then I was on my own.  I am only taking Tylenol PM to help me sleep.  I will most likely stop tonight since the only reason I was taking them was because my bask was in a lot of pain sleeping upright.   Now I have been given the OK to sleep on my sides as tolerated.  I still have my garment on all day and night but he stated I could take it off now for sleeping.  As funny as it sounds I have grown to love the garment and feel safe with it.  I know I will have to take it off sometime but for now I think I will keep it for another week!  I can wear some pre-op clothing but they are not as loose as they once were, I am sure the extra layers of garment and undershirt make the difference.  I have not hit the swell hell stage and as you, would not cry if I didn't.  However, I do feel more pressure at the end of the day compared to the beginning.  I love my new stomach (scar and all).  I have not seen this flat of a stomach since before my c-sections!  I started back to work yesterday and my legs have reminded me how lazy I have been the last few weeks.  I walk 1/2 mile to work and back each day.  Yesterday was a wake up call!  But each day is a blessing and 1 day closer to being fully healed.  I hope you are just as happy.

Happy New Year to you too.

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

Miss150
on 1/7/14 1:57 am

Hey, ladies!  Another complication free extended tummy tuck here- (anchor cut)  Am about 6-7 weeks out.  No swelling to speak of (fingers crossed)  Crazy to say, but I, too, have become somewhat attached to my compression garment.  Haven't worn it at night for some time, and cleared not to wear it at all, but have been doing so most work days.  Just feel a bit better with it on.  I also didn't loose any weight to speak of despite the surgeon supposedly taking off over 10 #s.  He said there will be an adjustment down the road as I continue to heal.  On the plus side, my clothes are lots looser--and the flat tummy---OH

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

emelar
on 1/7/14 5:34 am - TX

Congratulations to all three of you for having an uncomplicated procedure!  And throw a party if you manage to avoid swell hell - it's not fun.

And yes, your compression garment becomes your binky, your security blanket, your teddy bear.  You can't wait to be rid of it, and then you don't want to let it go.  kiss

godzilla
on 1/7/14 5:45 am - Israel
Congrats to flat tummies everywhere.
My TT was 8/08/11 and I still feel like a pea**** strutting my plume. My backside and thighs are a long fantasy that may never happen but flat tummy with no jelly-belly/fungus/rashes!
Mikimi in Israel
Susan M.
on 1/17/14 11:18 pm

I'm so glad to read these positive posts. I had my arms done on Dec. 12 and have scheduled a tummy tuck for June. The first couple of weeks after my brachioplasty, I wondered what the heck I had done and seriously considered cancelling the tummy tuck. It helps to hear that you all are doing fine and wear able to do fairly normal activities quite soon after your surgeries. I was not prepared for the pain and discomfort of the arm surgery, and I worry a lot about how much pain I'll be in after the tummy tuck. If the pain is only severe for a week or two, I can handle that, and I know the surgery will make a world of difference in how I look and feel. Thanks again to all of you for sharing your experiences. I feel better prepared for what I'll be going through and not quite so worried.

Most Active