How hard is it to get insurance to appove?

AmyB1012
on 2/6/14 10:52 am

I had my surgery Nov of 2012. Im down 106lbs. Started at 247 and im at 131. Id love to get a TT but am wondering if getting insurance to cover is even possible? Ive had 4 kids so that is a huge factor too. The skin is stretched where i carried them.

Erin_01
on 2/12/14 3:12 am

I want to have a TT in the fall, I called my insurance company last week.  Call your insurance company and see what your policy says.  I have to meet a few criteria: preoperative photographs document that the panniculus or fold hang at or below the level of the symphysis pubis AND the medical records document that the panniculus or fold causes chronic intertrigo (dermatitis occurring on opposed surfaces of the skin, skin irritation, infection or chafing) that consisently recures or remains refraxtory to appropriate medical therapy over a period of 3 months.

It's important to know what your policy says so if you need to prove skin irritation over 3 months, you can start going to your doctor for treatment of the skin issues and documentation of functional impairment.  Also, know what your policy covers, my policy covers; removing the skin, moving the belly button and fascial plication. I have heard others that just cover the skin removal then you have to pay extra for the belly button, worth it in my book!  

I am just assuming that if I do all this, I will be covered, lets hope I am right.  Good luck!

Erin 

Open RNY 7/14/2005

Most Active