SKIN SURGERY IN ONTARIO CANADA??

Miss_CC84
on 2/18/14 11:49 am - Sault Ste Marie, Canada

Hey fellow WLS friends,

I am 13 months Post-OP...... Jan.17th 2013 I had RNY gastric bypass surgery in Toronto ON. My starting weight was 354 lbs ...... my current weight is 175 lbs .... I have lost 180 lbs.... my goal weight is 140 lbs. I am 5'7 and 30 yrs old and even though I am very happy with my progress, I really do not want to be stuck with this loose skin for another 50-60 years. I have worked my butt off to achieve these results. I have been given this tool and I am utilizing it to it's fullest potential. I have laid down a lot of groundwork, and I know that I will never ever go back to where I was before. However, I need another boost of motivation, and I know skin surgery is the answer. I am asking the veterans out there to inform and educate me about this matter. I need to know what cosmetic surgeons work with OHIP to have various types of skin surgeries covered. I personally need a Tummy Tuck.... as well as a Breast/Buttock/&/Arm Lift. 

Hopefully some of you can give you some names and numbers.

Thank you in advance :) 

nursegal132
on 3/1/14 12:15 pm - CALGARY, Canada

congratulations on the weight loss, I know I wont be of much help as my first 2 surgeries were in Quebec, and mostly covered by QC medicare, now living in AB, I had my thighs done 2 1/2 weeks ago, all out of pocket, (PS charges reasonably and so his total charge was almost that of my co-pay in QC)  One thing I have found is that most PS wont do any reconstructions until weigh loss has been maintained for 2 years, as sometimes there are fluctuations in our weight until our bodies stabilize.  Good luck and I know I am very happy with my journey, this month will be 7 years since I did my RNY and no regrets

Leanne1
on 3/7/14 1:48 am - Newmarket, Canada

I just had my PS with Dr Nandagopal; he's from Scarborough! He is an EXCELLENT surgeon and REALLY tries to get things covered by OHIP. He got my panni covered. I upgraded to the TT and breast lift. 

I saw him when I was 6months post-op, I was at my goal- for my centre and my personal goal. He told me that I needed to lose 10lbs or so more and maintain that weight for at least 1year!! I did what he said. Then I went back to my GP and got a referral to go back to him (after 6months, you have to start from scratch). 

Another great surgeon is Dr Musgrave out of Toronto. 

I know MANY people that have gone to both of these surgeons! They both do awesome work!! I am REALLY happy with my results so far :D

Get down to your goal weight, maintain that weight, go to your family doc and get the referral. YOU CAN DO IT :D

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Megan M.
on 3/13/14 10:27 pm - Canada

I had Dr. Michael Kreidstein in Scarborough.  He works with OHIP as well, but I paid to upgrade for full TT.  Highly recommend him.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Most Active