Set a date for thigh lift - what do I need to know?

RobynJC
on 2/20/14 5:17 am

Hi peeps!  

I met met with my PS today and we decided to split up the remaining procedures I want to do (thighs, breast lift and arms) into 2. Thighs first and it is scheduled for March 21. We are going to do it in the surgical center, so I will be home the same day. I'm a little nervous about that because anesthesia and I don't get along very well. 

So for those of you that have had a bilateral thigh lift, what do I need to know that I didn't learn during the recovery of my lower body lift?  I have a recliner, shower chair, compression garment, walker and a helpful hubby to assist me. My doc is going to use a pain ball so I can minimize the amount of oral pain meds I will need to take.  Any other gotchas, tips, tricks or thing to look out for?  

Thanks!

nursegal132
on 2/21/14 5:59 am - CALGARY, Canada

I had my thigh lift last Tuesday.  I am such pain, I have had the arms, breasts, and fleur de lys tummy tuck previously done.  This is the worst.  I have my follow up on Monday, I am in constant pain.  I am hoping it get less with time.  Good luck my friend, if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have done it.

emelar
on 2/21/14 6:08 am - TX

Definitely didn't want to hear this!  I'm less than 2 weeks away from surgery and not expecting anything rougher than the LBL recovery.  Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed. 

Definitely get some drugs that work.  Can I ask just what is hurting?  I'm expecting that the incisions will be numb.  It's not that I'm expecting pain-free, but I'm certainly hoping for better than you're experiencing.

JazzyOne9254
on 2/24/14 1:37 am

I've had thigh skin removed, and it is a bit to get used to, depending on the method of closuer,  I had staples and surgical "Krazy Glue". 

I also had the complication of getting a cellulitis attack,for the first time in four years.  I stopped getting them after I lost weight, but I suppose it was just an opportunistic infection, and I did test positive for MRSA.  I also had a surgical wound deshicience (open up) about six inches.  It is closed now.

My expereince was the exception, not the rule.  I just fell on the wrong side of the stats in having such a tough time post op.  The next phase should go much better, at least, I hope it will.

Good luck to you in getting your outsides to match your insides! :-)

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

MyBariatricLife
on 2/24/14 12:52 pm

My recovery was easy and I had four procedures. I wish the same for you!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

nursegal132
on 2/24/14 2:09 pm - CALGARY, Canada

2 weeks post op, (one week since my earlier response) and I am so happy I did it.  Yes there is pain, but had my post op follow up today to hear the PS did a whole bunch of lipo in addition to the thigh lift.  Lipo is so aggressive.  But starting to look really good and feel really good.  Good luck with your surgery, as much as we have to suffer, all I can say is I don't regret anything except that I didn't do it years ago.

emelar
on 2/25/14 12:55 am - TX

Ahhhh, lipo.  I've never had it done, but understand it can be the most painful part of the recovery.  I'm happy to hear that you're loving your results.  I'm one week away from my procedure.  Truly not looking forward to recovery.  Definitely looking forward to blubberless thighs!

Angela B.
on 2/26/14 11:48 pm

I just got home from my thigh lift last night! After reading some of these posts earlier this week, I was scared to death of what the pain would be like! But frankly, it isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be so far. I had lipo on my thighs in November, and that pain was far worse. As compared to the lower body lift, most things are the same. However, I have seen several people post about the female urinals used to pee standing up. God I wish I had picked one of those up! Squatting on the toilet is really difficult, even with the toilet seat riser. I picked up adult wipes to clean that area up after peeing. I also stole a bunch of the stretchy disposable underwear they have at the hospital, and I stuff a bunch of maxi pads in there to keep the area dry and cushioned. Those have been a lifesaver.

Forgive me if this isn't the most grammatically correct post I have ever written, but I am enjoying some hardcore pain killers right now! Good luck with your upcoming thigh lifts ladies.

emelar
on 2/27/14 1:02 am - TX

Congrats on the surgery!  And yeah for hardcore pain killers!

Don't be particular about having a female urinal.  If it's easier to pee standing up, get any cup or other container that you're willing to throw away and use that.

RobynJC
on 2/27/14 4:16 am

Thank you for the input. I found after my LBL I had a tough time squatting down to the seat to pee too, in fact I resorted to straddling the toilet and hoping my aim wasn't too bad. :-) 

looking up female urinals now!  

Thanks and and good luck to you 

Most Active