freaking out

mbrown1
on 5/3/14 12:05 pm - sunbury, OH

Im 2 months out from my extended tummy tuck and not only have I not lost weight from my pre surgery weight but am up 2 lbs. My friend who had hers done the same day is already down 2 dress sizes and I can barely fit in my pre surgery jeans. I really feel like I need to drop at least 10 lbs or even more but I cant seem to go down any.

Laura in Texas
on 5/3/14 12:21 pm

Some of us do not go down in size. I am exactly the same size as I was pre-plastics.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

stephintexas
on 5/3/14 3:29 pm

I was wearing an 8 in pants/shorts before surgery. I was a size 6 (baggy) last week - 2 weeks post op. This week I am a size 12/14. My body is swelling and then going down then swelling. I bet you're still swelling.

mbrown1
on 5/5/14 12:29 am - sunbury, OH

I really hope so I find it since the surgery I mean my gastric bypass I am paranoid about gaining weight. Its been 4 years and yet I cant stop wworried about it so when I haven't lost weight because of the surgery and I know they took off a decent amount of skin I just feel like I'm going backwards it freaks me out. I was a 6 before the TT and really thought by 2 months out I would at least be a size 4. maybe I have unreal expectations but its nice to hear how are the people who have weight loss surgery deal with plastic surgery so thank you :)

pineview01
on 6/7/14 2:34 pm - Davison, MI

My PS states that ps is not a weight loss surgery and shouldn't be considered as such (actually this is stated in the official pamphlet they hand out also.)   Right after surgery you will be retaining fluid.  For me with the extended thigh lift, one leg my pants are lose on and the other, which had a complication, the pants are tighter than pre surgery.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

TeashaLorna
on 5/4/14 2:42 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

One of my friends had hers done two days before I had mine (extended TT) and she is not where I am yet either, however, she is has lots of swelling and water retention. She was told that may continue for up to a year. She finds when she is really active (at the gym) work whatever that she swells more. Just take care of yourself and do what you need to be healthy and it will settle out where it is supposed. Be patient. I went down only one size. Some people have more fat removed when they have their TT's as well, the fact that you are going down, may mean you had no fat there to take off. I don't know but that may be a thought.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

AZDee
on 6/7/14 2:07 pm - Gilbert, AZ

I've heard you should not weigh early on...but I did, at two weeks I was down 8 lbs, now I am 3 weeks and the weight is back on...my regular clothes are tight...I know, I know it's swelling....ya ya ya...still it's no fun! 

Most Active