Neck lift

Tracy D.
on 6/9/14 5:37 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm dipping my toe into the plastic surgery waters and have my first consult with a surgeon next Tuesday.  I'm only asking her to assess me for a neck lift.  Of course I need an upper body lift and lower body lift too but I'll be looking outside of my metro area for doctors who specialize in post-WLS patients.  We don't have a lot to choose from here in Omaha, NE.   

I loved my grandmother dearly but I can't stand seeing her neck every time I look in the mirror!   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

emelar
on 6/9/14 6:43 am - TX

I'm getting a neck lift/lower face lift at the end of July.  I suspect they'll recommend the same for you.  Seems you can't effectively get the neck lifted without being able to re-suspend it all at the ears.  Anyway, it's a small cut under the chin to pull up that area and tighten the underlying muscle.  Then an incision all the way around the ear to re-suspend the skin from the jowl up.  None of it sounds like fun, but the doc said that the incisions from the face are the absolute best healing (followed by the breast, then the tummy tuck/butt lift, with the arms and legs healing the worse).  And, like you, I'm tired of the weary-looking face looking back at me in the mirror.  Mine will be done under general anesthesia; he's estimating 5 1/2 hours; and he requires an overnight stay to watch for any bleeding.

AZDee
on 6/9/14 8:47 am - Gilbert, AZ

last year before I had my lower face/neck lift I had had 3 consults for mini lifts or quick lifts, but learned they would not give me the results I needed, so I decided on the lower face/ neck lift, only I never really asked what would be done surgery, so when I woke the next day and looked in the mirror I thought so my God, my surgeon removed my ears!!!  I really thought he had, when I asked him he laughed and thought I was making a joke, but I was serious...Any everything healed nicely and no signs of any work being done at all!!! I had this done with two other procedures so that's why I neglected to talk much about it since I thought I knew what was going to be done...Maybe it was better I didn't know so I did chicken out!

emelar
on 6/9/14 11:22 pm - TX

All of the "mini" procedures only seem to work with folks who have "mini" problems. After extreme weight loss, few of us have mini issues!

Tracy D.
on 6/9/14 9:40 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Damn!  That's way more involved than I anticipated and probably lots more expensive .  

Best of luck to you and I look forward to the after pics!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

pineview01
on 6/18/14 10:46 am - Davison, MI

For me the neck was going to be 5300 and the whole thing was 2200 more for 7500.  It also seems to run higher in my area than most others.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

pineview01
on 6/9/14 12:36 pm - Davison, MI

I had four consults for a neck lift.  All four said to get the results I wanted I need the lower face/neck lift.  The one said I might be happy with the neck only...for a couple weeks and than I wouldn't be happy with the dog ears that is left with a neck only lift.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Tracy D.
on 6/9/14 11:26 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I keep reading this term "dog ears" - what is it exactly?  I've heard it referred to with pannis and now neck lifts.  

pineview01
on 6/10/14 6:24 am, edited 6/10/14 6:41 am - Davison, MI

When you remove skin  at some point you need to get from the wide area back to a zero point on the old plane (think cutting a wedge wide in the middle point on each end.  When they pull the skin back together at the point it makes a point that sticks out.  When they do the face lift/neck lift the incisions end back in your hair so those points are hidden in the hair.  At the end of this TT incesion you can see the "dog ear" bump/nipple.

AZDee
on 6/11/14 12:43 am - Gilbert, AZ

Wow your tummy looks great, and you can have a simple revision to correct those dog ears on the sides, I am sure your PS is going to want to fix those for you...

Most Active