Surgery Clearance- DONE

Lift chair and potty handles- Rented

Meals- Prepped

Videos- Rented

Time off work- Approved

Pre-Op with Surgeon- On Monday 6/16

Body- Feeling INCREDIBLE!

Loose fitting clothing- Set out and available

I don't go into surgery until July 3rd but something feels like I'm not ready or I'm missing something.  The tummy tuck last august was incredibly successful and I feel like I stressed over that MUCH more than I am stressing over this one.  I'm going in for liposuction of the thighs and back with fat grafting into my breasts and my arm lift. 

Can you think of anything I might be missing?  Any words of advice for this one?  THANK YOU ALL!

AmberK
on 6/12/14 12:58 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Just wanted to say congrats and good luck! I am also stressing out big time! I have my last consult on the 16th also and having my TT and BL done on the 30th       I keep having dreams that I am too fat to have or deserve a TT. I dream that I wake up from surgery and have the same roll of skin. LOL 

I am 5'5 and weigh 160     I am trying to get to 155 before surgery 

Hugs and best of luck to you! 

TracyK
on 6/12/14 7:12 pm - FL

Congrats on your surgery. I was the same way making sure all was ready and laid out beforehand. One less grey hair is always great! You are about the same time frame as me. My TT was in December and my Leg lift and butt augmentation was just 1 month ago today. One thing that really helped me in the beginning was the use of a female urinal. The more I didn't have to sit on the toilet or use my legs to squat in the beginning the better. It was also better to keep the wounds clean as well. Was a little weird but got used to it pretty quick.

The thighs were not that bad but the liposuction was what caused the most pain and bruising. The first two weeks will be trying on both your body and mind but when you get past that battle you will be doing great. I walked as much as I could to try and keep the swelling down and the legs moving. The worst part was getting back up from a sitting position after keeping legs elevated. I called it sausage legs, it felt like they were very tight with the fluids rushing back. But after a few steps the pain subsided.

The pain was all worth it when the day after surgery I had already went down over 1 inch per leg and that was with the swelling. I am excited to see the final outcome in the months to come.

Good luck and prayers to you for a speedy recovery!

Tracy

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

Lyss Remaly
on 6/13/14 6:01 am - Wheeling, IL

This was AMAZING!!!! Thank you SO much!!! How are you feeling since your procedure?? After thighs do you think I can get away with wearing yoga pants over the compression ones the doctor gave me or should I invest in more sweat pants or sun dresses?  What do you suggest would be more comfortable for shirts?  long sleeve or maybe a loose sundress?? I still have my size 28 sun dresses so I'll be living in those and was hoping I could wear yoga pants or loose baggie t shirts?

TracyK
on 6/13/14 7:27 am - FL

My stomach feels great, quite a bit of numbness but that is expected.  My thighs however, 1 month out and I am still feeling sausage legs at the end of the day.  But each day is getting better and better.  I will have to wear my compression stockings until the end of summer.  With the Dr.'s permission after my next appointment on 1 July, I should be able to start running again.  Only taking my stockings off for exercise and showers.  

I don't like the feeling of the socks or the binder against my incisions so with my TT I wore light T-shirts under the binder and now with my thighs I am wearing thin running/biking shorts with the stockings over them.  The rubber tops work well against the shorts and they don't slip at all.  I have been wearing loose sweat pants and sundresses with my stockings but with the weather getting hotter I will probably move to capri pants or shorts.  Many people here wear tights/nylons under shorts so I hope I will just fit in with them.    

Hope this helps!  

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

Belinda B.
on 6/26/14 12:54 am - Pasadena, CA
VSG on 09/13/17

Hi!  How exciting, you are so close! I noticed you are in Wheeling, IL.  I'm in Schaumburg.  Could I ask what local doctors you met with and who you chose and possibly why?  I'm in the beginning research stages and could use a little guidance.

Thanks!

Lyss Remaly
on 6/26/14 12:57 am - Wheeling, IL

Good Morning Belinda!

My MOST MOST MOST favorite doctors that I loved were Dr. Zachary Lawrance at U of C and my surgeon Dr. Michael Howard at Northshore.  There were a few others who just rubbed me the wrong way and I did not like their bedside manner at all.  Dr. Howard is by far one of my most favorite human beings in general.  He is so kind, generous and patient.  He listens and makes sure he understands exactly what you as a patient wants before making his medical suggestions.  PLease feel MORE than free to email me or PM me if you have any questions at all.  I am happy to help

[email protected]

katy
on 6/26/14 1:44 pm

Did you have a consultation with dr zachary . I had a consultation he was great but never was able to get cost since waiting for  insurance to approve. Do you have any info about cost with dr z

Belinda B.
on 6/27/14 5:43 am - Pasadena, CA
VSG on 09/13/17

Thanks so much!  I'm at work, but I will email you, hopefully this weekend if I get a chance!

Crazeru
on 6/26/14 5:56 am

Anything in the kitchen, bathroom that you have to reach for, move down.  You don't want to over-reach for anything and stretch your arms reaching.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active