I am so flipping bored.

shrinking_sarah
on 6/17/14 3:35 am - CA

I'm about 2 weeks post LBL and BL/aug.  Getting super bored of not feeling like myself, really.  And by that I really mean of not being able to work out or do the things that need to be done, like housework.  I do some light stuff, but am making myself leave anything too strenuous for now.  I do not want to mess up my healing.

I have discovered that I do not enjoy recovering from surgery.  Compared to the VSG recovery, this is really long and annoying.  For that reason, even though my thighs could still use some serious help, I'm not doing any more plastics.  I think the boobs and tummy will be enough for me.

Also--my a$$ is seriously flat now.  The PA at my surgeon's office said it would eventually take on a more "normal" shape, but for now it is not a good look, lol! 

The good news is I am cleared to drive and only have to tape one small part of my belt incision.  If I can ever stop whacking myself in my new boobs, I might adjust to them. :)

This post has no real purpose other than to give me something to do. :)

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

emelar
on 6/17/14 6:46 am - TX

Recovery is no fun, even when everything is going according to plan.  I think it gets worse when you're feeling normal-ish but still can't return to totally normal activities.  All you can do is wait it out.

On the butt, it'll be back.  My back looked like an ironing board after surgery, but somewhere in there, my ass returned.  Patience!

AZDee
on 6/17/14 8:15 am - Gilbert, AZ

I so understand...I am 5 weeks post op today from a LBL and medial thigh lift...I had the breast, arms and lower face/neck done last year...And I am so over recovering mentally more than anything...I go on Thursday and just praying I am released to go swimming, he said 6 weeks, but it's so close...I live in AZ and not being able to swim is killing me.  And never have I spent so much time on a computer...After two weeks I felt pretty good, the tummy was still a little sore. I have taken things slow as I wake up feeling normal I just tired easily at about 2 weeks...so much better now!

shrinking_sarah
on 6/17/14 8:39 am - CA

Thanks, all.  I feel a little better every day, so that's good.  I hope that in another couple weeks I'll feel mostly normal.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

pineview01
on 6/18/14 10:26 am - Davison, MI

Hang in there girl it will soon be over.  You will be back to your normal life and loving your new body.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active