Having 3 procedures at the same time?

Mommy-of-Twins
on 8/13/14 7:40 pm

Hi Everyone, I am new to the PS OH forums so I apologize if this has been asked I didn't see it in my search.

I lost 140 lbs over the last 3 years as well as gave birth to twins. I am at my goal weight now of 149. I did a consult this week for a full tummy tuck, Upper arm lift, and a breast lift. It is suppose to be about a 7 hour surgery for all 3 and I am going to call today to schedule the surgery date!! While I am super excited to have the means and ability to have this done I am worried about having all 3 at once.

Has anyone else had this combo and what was your experience post op? 

RobynJC
on 8/14/14 3:14 am

I did a Lower Body Lift with some lipo on thighs last year, the thighs were much worse than the LBL. Then I had my thigh lift in March p, hurt like the dickens and yesterday I had boobs and arms lifted. No implants. So far, one day out, this is less pain than my thighs but I do have challenges with reaching for things.  Pain is fairly minimal so far. 

Best advice I can give is have a helper, take it easy, do not pu**** Pillows are my best friend. 

Oh oh and get tops/dresses that zip or button. I can't imagine trying to lift my arms into something that I would have to go over my head

jeterway
on 8/14/14 3:36 am

I had a mastectomy with reconstruction from my abdomen a couple of years ago.  That is a tummy tuck but without the lipo.  It also included a breast lift.  So I had surgery in two of the three spots that you are having work done on.  The first couple of days was a little rough in that I was afraid to move much but that improved quickly.  Pain wasn't too bad.  The surgery was a long one so they really knocked me out.  I don't bounce back quickly from anesthesia so I was cloudy for a day or two after the surgery.  I had my arms done last year - that recovery was a piece of cake compared to the others.  Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 9:07 am

Safety is always the main concern but I definitely like to combine procedures for there is one recovery and the costs are less for my patients.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

Crazeru
on 8/14/14 9:08 am

I had an LBL, BL, arms and sm thigh lift - surgery about 12 hr under twilight sedation.  4 days later a full neck/facelift upper and lower lids too.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line and we have a group here on OH.  I documented my time in threads back in Jan 2011 and Jan 2013.  I went back for an upper body lift.  I'm complete.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

AZDee
on 8/14/14 10:22 am - Gilbert, AZ

First grouping of surgeries last year was a arm lift, breast lift/implant and lower face/neck lift, then 3 months ago I had a lower body lift, thigh lift and a Brazilian butt lift...so yes it's very common to combine surgeries.  If I had to do one at a time besides costing more, it would take so much more time....Good luck on your upcoming surgeries, feel free to check out my pictures on my profile of my surgeries.

Sherrie P.
on 8/15/14 12:29 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

I am having the exact same three on 8/28!!!  Let's keep in touch -- good luck!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Trish06
on 8/16/14 10:43 am
DS on 12/06/12

Hi,

I just had an LBL, AL, Long thigh lift, BA/BL on the 14th and on Monday I will have a full FL. I like the one recovery time as far as work goes.

Best of Luck,

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 8/14/2014

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

butterfly3851
on 8/17/14 4:52 am - TX

I had my consult on Friday for a TT, Breast Lift/reduction and Upper Arm Lift and am scheduled for Sept. 24th & put down a deposit depending on my cardiac clearance.  

I will not be staying overnight - that freaks me out a little - just hard to believe you are ok to leave so soon after surgery and can walk to the bathroom.  I'm nervous about this!  I have done great after the VSG, 2 C-sections & gall bladder surgery - I do know to stay on top of pain meds and walk!  

I'm not a vain person - 56 yr old - husband will love me regardless- so my thinking is why would I put myself through this?  But I can't wait to get rid of this stomach mess and have boobs normal size that don't hang down - finding clothes is difficult.

I'm anxious to keep reading replies to this thread!

Trish06
on 8/17/14 8:50 am
DS on 12/06/12

You sound exactly like I did butterfly I''m the same age as you and as husband that loved me no matter what I just wanted to be semi normal. Best of luck with your surgeries.

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 8/14/2014

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

Most Active