7 yr post RNY....time for LBL & lift. Considering Dr. Quiroz at CosMed

Susan H.
on 9/2/14 1:51 am - Sedro Woolley, WA
RNY on 09/25/07 with

Hi all....

Like the title says I'm 7 yrs. post op.  I have wanted the girls back north for awhile and now looking at adding a LBL.  Over the years I have talked to people about their experiences with Dr. Quiroz at CosMed.

OK....I know there is good and bad posts on every doctor here.  I get that....

I just haven't seen anything posted about the clinic in awhile and wanted to hear from people who have been there recently and/or planning on it soon.

Thank you so much....

Susan

Susan H.
Start: 322/ Current: 190+ .  7 yr post RNY
***I lost my bookmark to my ticker so it doesn't reflect the correct numbers*** 

Crazeru
on 9/2/14 8:37 am

I know there have been problems, but I'll see if I can find the person and have them respond to you.  Have you considered Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico?  We have a group here on OH.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line and it'll take you over to our group.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/2/14 4:37 pm

don't do it! Please! I know 3 people in my personal life who have had very bad results from this surgeon. Bad results are one thing, death is another. All three had bad results, but one came very close to dying. You can PM me if you want more details. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Katgin
on 9/14/14 4:06 am

I went to Dr. Quiroz in May for a LBL, implants, thigh lift and am going back in December for a face/neck lift.  I had a good experience, stayed for 8 days in the recovery center.  The staff was great, and I'm happy with my results.   

Susan H.
on 9/15/14 12:20 am - Sedro Woolley, WA
RNY on 09/25/07 with

THANK YOU so much for replying...and replying with positive feelings.  I cannot tell you how many negative responses I've received.  From the doctor, to the procedures, to doing it at all.  I don't know why its easier for people to be negative instead of positive for people.  Sheesh....

Im a researcher. I've probably read and researched too much.  hahaha.....  I feel confident with my decision.  I also am going in with my eyes wide open.  I feel that's important.  

I wonder if people think they will come out looking like a model.  Heck...I horribly abused this body. I'm thrilled to be at and staying at with work, this weight and the cherry on the top is the ability to be able to substitute the skin for scars!  I know it won't be 'perfect'....and that's ok with me. 

All I can say is Thank God for clothes! hahaha....  they sure cover up and make me look and feel much better. ...wink...

I'd love to hear about how you decided on going to Dr. Q, your procedures, and more importantly for me is the recovery.

If you don't mind to take it off OH?  suz  dot  com  6  @ gmail.com  (no spaces)

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Susan

Susan H.
Start: 322/ Current: 190+ .  7 yr post RNY
***I lost my bookmark to my ticker so it doesn't reflect the correct numbers*** 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/15/14 3:36 pm, edited 9/15/14 3:37 pm

I totally believe in medical tourism. I encourage people daily to travel for surgery. But I can't with a clear conscious ever advise anyone to go to Dr Q.? I have seen first hand the hideous results of his unsafe care and his procedures. Good luck to you. Remember some times negativity is warranted. The last time I posted the same, the woman called me every dirty name she could for my negative remarks. Three weeks post op, she sent me an apology - she is now trying to find a surgeon in the states to fix the mess Dr Q left her with. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Katgin
on 9/15/14 4:06 pm

Hi Susan,

I sent you a private message, let me know if you got it and we can chat off line.  :)

Katherine

Most Active