Inner thigh lift with vertical incision - question

ravenbrown
on 9/5/14 12:23 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Ok, this sucks.  I had LBL with BA/BL, and it didn't suck so bad.  I saw my surgeon for my first postop visit on Wednesday.  He said everything looked good, and he also said he's never been as happy with a thigh lift as mine.  Great.  Unfortunately, the swelling got even worse yesterday (I had surgery last Thursday, so I know swelling is completely normal), but I feel like crap.  It's actually harder to walk now than it was a few days ago.  My energy level is not great.  It's possible because I did too much yesterday.  I have a horrible headache.  I woke up choking on vomit at 1am (I'm not nauseated now).  And I've been bleeding from the T portion of the incision on the left side for days.  Not horrible bleeding, and my surgeon wasn't concerned, but I am.  Is this all normal?  I usually heal so quickly, and I just feel like crap.  Also my right leg is all weird with a visible lump in the middle of my inner thigh looking while the left is just swollen.  I know we don't swell evenly on both sides, but it just looks so bizarre.  Should I be worried?  I'm usually not given to paranoia.  Sighhhhhh.  I wish I wasn't on pain meds because I could really use a drink :)

Mary131
on 9/5/14 1:11 am, edited 9/5/14 1:12 am

If the swelling has gotten worse,  I'm sure your surgeon would want to know. Can you send him pics of the swelling, especially the lump, to see if he might want to see you sooner. I would definitely let him know about it right away; that's part of aftercare. There is a possibility he may need to drain a bit of fluid in his office that may relieve some of that pressure. 

emelar
on 9/5/14 1:29 am - TX

I'd call the doc and give him an update and send a pic of the lump (assuming it'll show up in a photo).  Take your temperature.  Check and see if the incision feels hot.  If it were just one thing, I'd think it was just a bad day, but with all of them together, I'd talk to the surgeon.

ravenbrown
on 9/5/14 1:44 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I can definitely send photos, and I'll give them a call.  I got a minor infection in my breast from picking at it like an idiot, and I just sent photos and they sent in an antibiotic.  Thanks guys!

JazzyOne9254
on 9/5/14 5:08 pm

I'm not a medical professional...I don't even play one on TV, but the lump you're describing sounds like it might be a hematoma - that's a spot where blood collects and clots, forming a lump.

Go see your doctor or surgeon, ASAP, or if it gets any worse, bite the bullet and go to the nearest ER!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Nikke2003
on 9/8/14 5:56 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Checking in on you - how are you feeling??

I have my pre-op appointment for plastic tomorrow... yikes! 2 1/2 weeks to go!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

ravenbrown
on 9/8/14 6:49 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

That's so exciting! I am not doing well. My left leg is infected, and the wound opening is bleeding pretty heavily. I was fine at my postop appt, then it just went downhill. I am going to fill my antibiotics right now.  I'm sure I'll be fine. It's  just really painful. Good luck on your plastics! My first round was  awesome, so don't be scared by this post :) thanks for checking in

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/14 8:03 am

Swelling is usually maximum at about a week and then it starts going down. You may want to elevate your legs above the level of your heart(up on sofa top) and keep walking to let muscles massage some of swelling out as well as limit the chances of a pulmonary embolus. The headache, nausea is probably due to anemia from the blood lost at surgery and usually resolves within second week, unless there is a lot of drainage. It could also be from pain medication that you are on.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

ravenbrown
on 9/9/14 11:51 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I actually have an infection in my left thigh.  I'm on antibiotics, but it's really painful.  i

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/14 3:15 am

I can imagine. Fortunately, the antibiotics should control it within 24-48 hours if the bacteria that is there is sensitive to them. If it doesn't significantly decrease in that time frame, you should go back and see your plastic surgeon to adjust them.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

Most Active