Court case in CA to watch

Eggface
on 3/14/15 12:26 am - Sunny Southern, CA

http://legalnewsline.com/issues/class-action/255351-trial-to -begin-in-calif-class-action-against-insurer-over-skin-remov al-surgeries

Trial to begin in Calif. class action against insurer over skin removal surgeries. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

PinkLyfe
on 3/14/15 1:56 am

Thank you!

Laura in Texas
on 3/14/15 3:24 am, edited 3/14/15 3:24 am

I am on the fence on this. If insurance companies are required to pay for plastic surgery or EVERYONE then our premiums are going to skyrocket. For most of us, the skin does not cause serious health issues.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Eggface
on 3/14/15 4:28 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I really thought I would be OK with the excess skin... never imagined I would want or need plastics. Both physically and emotionally I needed to have it removed (at least some) but certainly there are lucky ones that have minimal or at least manageable skin... I was not lucky.

The bonus to plastic surgery (and perhaps future $$ costs to insurance) are that some studies show that weight maintenance is positively affected.

Laura in Texas
on 3/14/15 5:58 am

Of course it is better for us emotionally and mentally. I also realize maintenance seems to be easier for those of us who have had it done. I busted my ass to pay for mine. Where there is a will, there is a way.

If the flood gates are opened, it will crush all of us financially.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sarahlicious
on 3/17/15 11:17 am - Portsmouth, OH

It wouldn't mean it has to be covered for everyone it would mean it has to be covered for those for which can show medical necessity. And plastic surgery is still a huge undertaking it's not something people should or would do just because oh hey it's covered now! Also there is still the patient out of pocket of deductible and co-insurance which some patients will not be able to afford. It won't be a windfall. 

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

jenn1469
on 3/14/15 8:59 am

Well just like wls if there's a will there's a way. How many go to Mexico to get it done. Not only that it was so hard doing liquid diet one that loved food but when you really wasn't something you can do it. I'm going to Mexico to get plastics done in June because I really want it and can't afford in us. I feel that everyone shouldn't have to pay higher premiums 

Jennifer

Eggface
on 3/14/15 9:56 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I went to Mexico too :) for RNY, and 2 rounds of plastics... hope you have a great experience. I was very pleased.

saletiajohnson
on 5/19/15 5:37 pm - anchorage, AK

Eggface, who did you see? I am considering doing this. Could you send me whatever info you have?

Thank you!!

HW:333 SW:309 (7/14/09) CW:135

Plastics In MEXICO on 09/07/2015.

Arm lift/ Thigh lift / breast lift w/ implants/ lower body lift

jenn1469
on 3/14/15 10:16 am

That's good you had a good exp. I'm going to Javier Garcia have you heard of him?

Jennifer

Most Active