Abdomiplasty/Panni/Armlift 12/9/15

Lisa167
on 12/8/15 9:14 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Tomorrow is the "big day" - I can't wait!!! 

I'll post updates here.

I'll try to get some "before" pictures tomorrow when I get all marked up, lol (and eew). I'll add them when I'm able to.

I'm so nervous AND excited.  Reminds me of prior to my VSG.  I hope I'm as happy with the decision

dohabarb
on 12/13/15 5:09 am - Qatar

I had mine all done yesterday. I am inconsiderable pain and its hard to move. I feel like an old lady. I'm due to stay in hospital for 5 days. Have discovered that I need longer forearms... Good Luck for tomorrow! 

Going it alone in the Middle East!

Lisa167
on 12/13/15 6:21 am
VSG on 08/14/14
On December 13, 2015 at 1:09 PM Pacific Time, dohabarb wrote:

I had mine all done yesterday. I am inconsiderable pain and its hard to move. I feel like an old lady. I'm due to stay in hospital for 5 days. Have discovered that I need longer forearms... Good Luck for tomorrow! 

Hi! Did you have your tummy done too? So far, I think the arms are worse than the tummy...except when it comes to having to cough. 

I don't know about you, but I had a lot of swelling from my elbow(s) downwards. That's just about gone now. The drains in the arm pits are pretty uncomfortable. Those come out Tuesday, presuming everything goes according to plan. 

I told my husband I know howT-Rex felt, lol. 

I can't quite kick the pain meds yet. I've cut back, but I'm too uncomfortable if I go 8 hours without. But each day is better than the day before.

dohabarb
on 12/13/15 6:37 am - Qatar

Yes I had a full lipo assisted tummy tuck and arm lift. My tummy is the worst pain. I've been sitting in a chair for ages because its had to get back into the hospital bed. My fingers are very swollen. Coughing is terrible!! I'm not ready to kick back on any meds they want to give me. I haven't seen what I look like yet, still all covered up. I don't have drains in my arms only in my tummy.

Going it alone in the Middle East!

Lisa167
on 12/14/15 4:28 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

I've finally managed to upload a couple of pre-op pics

There's really not much to see yet until I get unwrapped, lol.  But it looks really good to me so far, even with the swelling.  I even have a cute little belly button :-)

I've cut way back on the pain meds - I really needed them until today.  As of yesterday I could stand straight up without a problem (yes, there was muscle tightening).  My surgeon wasn't sure if I was going to need the muscle tightening, and was going to make the call once she was in there.  She said I had great muscle tone, but figured since she was there, she'd do it any way.  Could have gone either way.  I'm glad she did it.

There was no need for lipo.

I go in tomorrow and should get two of the drains out (under arms).  The two that are essentially coming out of my mons area stay for two weeks - would love for those to go!  If it weren't for them, I'd be dressed and out of the house..ugh.

So not too bad IMO for 5 days post-op.  I'll get some pics tomorrow.

Lisa167
on 12/27/15 5:04 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Here's a couple of more pics. Swelling is going down nicely. Can almost get in to my pre-op sized work pants. The binder is all that's getting in the way. 

Weight wise I'm 2 lbs over my weight the day of surgery. Not bad considering the remaining swelling, and well...Christmas ?

So far very happy with the decision. Tape stays on until my 1/7 appt. anything still remaining I'll come off then and I'll see how my scars are doing. Just happy the drains are out and swelling is going away. 

My right arm is much more touchy than my left. It seems that the nerve is just mor irritated. They get very very close to the nerve. Something to be aware of. It's improving and like some numbness around my tummy, should fully resolve. 

NYMom222
on 12/27/15 7:09 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Wow looks good. Who did your surgery? I am in the process....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Lisa167
on 12/28/15 9:06 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Hi - it was Dr. Sonal Pandya.  She is with Lahey Hospital in MA.  She has a lot of experience with WLS patients.

Presuming I'm happy with these results (which I am so far), I intend to look in to BA, and additional work with her (thighs...ugh).

Lisa167
on 1/12/16 8:08 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Here is a pic from last week after having the surgical tape removed - it stayed completely on my arms and about half of my tummy.  It looks so much better now than in this pic, lol.

I have started the massaging - I didn't realize how time consuming that would be!  But I know it will be worth every minute.

Looks like I may have a dog ear on one side...will wait and see. But that's supposed to be an easy fix.

Most Active