Getting Started with Plastics

jrspriggs
on 8/12/16 12:28 am - MD

Hey Y'all! I was sleeved on November 17, 2014, so I am approaching my one year surgery date. Highest weight was 321, pre-surgery diet weight was 299, today I am 192 (I am 5'3"). I never set a goal weight, just little goals along the way. My weight loss has slowed down and I am fine with it. I would love to loose another 20 or so pounds, but I am happy with if I don't.

The loose skin is really starting to bother me. I get rashes, I always wear a bra, and I actually feel more self conscious then I did before weight loss. Nearly every area bothers me (stomach, arms, thighs & breast). Therefore, I have decided to start looking for a plastic surgeon. I don't expect to have any surgery until I hit the one year mark.

How long did you all wait to begin this process? What procedures do you find were most beneficial? Any regrets?

Jenny S
Leslie W.
on 8/12/16 5:23 am - Cobourg, Canada

You relly want to be as close to goal as possible and stable for at least 6 months before doing plastics. Find. Surgeon who works with wls patients.

I started with tummy tuck- fleur de lys. Wish i had just did lower body lift first.  I was about a yr outt and a goal when started

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/13/16 5:38 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

See your PCP about the rashes.

Dr Joseph Michaels is in the DC area and is wonderful - he specializes in post-WLS patients and is great.  Another posted to OH recommended him. 

My tips: get at least 3 cpnsults and wait several months (6 is good) between your first consult and actually getting the surgery to let the options 'peculate' before going ahead with a surgeon.

Sharon

NYMom222
on 8/14/16 7:07 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

If you are getting rashes you should be getting it documented at the docs office and let them be ordering creams and things... if you have an insurance that may cover some plastics- this is the only way usually... documentation.

As you can see from my signature I used Dr. Mchaels as well, he is wonderful. Highly suggest using a surgeon that specializes in people with massive weight loss Like Dr. Michaels. The quantity and quality of our skin is compromised and more challenging...

I was not totally stabilized when I had surgery, I was losing 2-3lbs a month but was at the high end of a normal Body fat for my height the day I had my first surgery. I went for Body Fat testing... you can read about it on my OH blog....but that is what really made me realize I wasn't as far from goal as I thought....

I did lose some weight with each surgery, but that is not a given...some people gain weight after surgery. The skin doesn't weigh a lot even if there is a lot of volume. My Lower body lift = 4.5lbs, arms and breast = one pound, leg lift = one pound...and I'm 5'11", You will be happier with the results if you lose the 20lbs or so you want to first.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Crazeru
on 8/15/16 1:00 pm

20 lbs can change your PS results.  See if you can get that last 20lbs off and keep it off for 6mo.  Start researching PS now. 

I had all my body and face work done with Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.  We have a group here on OH.  Click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line.  I also have his website in my siggy line.  He specializes in WL patients.  I had it all and absolutely no regrets. 

I had a gentleman ask me this weekend if I was in the class of '86 (he was up for his class reunion 30th).  My 50th is in 4 yrs!  Of course I told him YES!  Then I cracked up.  My son looked at him and said this is my mom!  Thank you Dr Sauceda. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active