Overstitch

John K
on 4/21/11 11:50 pm - Katy, TX
Just curious if anyone has had the overstitch procedure? I had RNY 6 yrs ago, lost down to 250 from 425. Gained back to 325, back at 300 now. My surgeon did a scope and said my pouch and opening were HUGE. He wants to do the overstitch procedure. Any input?

I would like to help you but you cant fix stupid. 

Wishmeluck123
on 4/22/11 2:21 am
Hi ~ Are you talking about sclerotheraphy (spelling) this is when they do a scope and create scar tissue around the opening to the stomach? If so I was going to do this procedure, however, after a swallow study it showed that I have other mechanical issues that have caused me to "fail" I hate using that word.....but it is the only way to explain what happened. I am actually going for a rny revision on Thursday of this coming week. My doctor confirmed that the sclerotheraphy wouldnt be an option for me since the stomach is enlarged as well as the openings in and out of the area as well. I never ever feel FULL......I have zero restriction. Plus I have a hernia. So ask what the success rate is with the procedure he is talking about and if you will lose the weight you want to see yourself losing. I wish you much luck and success which ever way you choose to go. Peace & Love, Melissa
John K
on 4/22/11 2:26 am - Katy, TX
No, this is a different procedure. It has the same affect but its done by going in and actually stitching up the opening. I am going to a seminar for this procedure the first week in May to learn more.

I would like to help you but you cant fix stupid. 

AmyLH
on 4/23/11 10:05 pm
Are you talking about the ROSE procedure?  My surgeon didn't believe that there is enough information to support the long term outcome of the ROSE to fix RNY.   I opted for the band over Bypass.

Amy
LapBand Revision April 2011
I will succeed         
Diamondndaruff
on 6/6/11 2:12 pm

Overstitch Procedure: If u look up ..Titus Duncan you can read up on it. I have two friends that did real good. 

AmyLH
on 4/23/11 10:09 pm
Hi - it sounds like we have similar stories.  My endoscopy showed a HUGE stomach and opening .  Once the insurance company saw endoscopy report thye approved the revision immediately.

What type of revision are you looking for?  Band over Bypass? 

Amy
I will succeed         
Wishmeluck123
on 4/23/11 11:50 pm
Hi Amy ~ Have you had your revision already? I am going for mine this Thursday.
AmyLH
on 4/24/11 12:49 am
Hi!

Yes, I had the LapBand over the ByPass on 4/14/11.  Today is my first day on mushie food.  Are you having the band over the RNY?

Amy
I will succeed         
Wishmeluck123
on 4/24/11 8:25 am
Hi Amy ~ No I cannot have the band, because I have an autoimmune disease and this can cause deteriation of the stomach or the area it is wrapped around. I am actually have a complete revision of my pouch/stomach and all other necessary repairs they find. As well as a hernia repair. Apparently, after my swallow study the doctor found several different mechanical issues that have caused weight gain. I am of course guilty as well for not being fully compliant. But I think once the weight started to creep back on I felt like such a failure that it lead me back to my old ways. I hope this 2nd chance will allow me the get to my goal weight! I wish you much luck!!!! Keep me posted!

Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics