Finally...it is my turn.

louisec
on 5/30/11 2:03 pm - Orange County, CA
This is it. I have fought for a revision for 4 years. I used Kelly Lindstrom @ Obesity Law thru every battle. Unfortunately with my HMO's that I had, it was a wasted battle. Obesity Law could not do any more than they did. After the 2nd time going to the state to get a reversal of the denial, I decided to wait for my open enrollment. I changed over and started immediately.....but was quickly diagnosed with a tumor in my back that required 3 surgeries to remove. Well I started back on my revision journey the day after my clean bill of health was was given. My PPO with Anthem Blue Cross was amazing. I was approved the 1st time. I totally credit the team Dr Owens has over there @ the Chapman Medical center in Orange CA. My surgery is this Wednesday, June 1,2011. I am sure this is the best option for me. I am getting a band over my small stomach. I had a EGD last Friday and the Dr said he had never seen such a big post-bypass stomach. I never understood why all my friends were dropping weight and not me. I worked out 5 days a week for an hour and 1/2...still nothing. When my hip blew out, all physical activity stopped. I still dump...so I do not eat sugar sweets or binge. The capacity was always the issue and problem. I am so excited to have restriction...the restriction I never had. I will be able to control the restriction now. After all the health issues (cancer tumor) I have had...this is my best choice. Finally it is my turn...I was sick of waiting for the approval that never came. Well I have it now. It is on the nightstand, in writing. FINALLY I WON. Kisses to all my revision sisters (& brothers).
Please think of me we this Wednesday with prayers and positive thoughts.
"that's what she said................"
Micheal G. Scott
smileyjamie72
on 5/31/11 7:08 am - Palmer, AK

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You kept your eye on the prize through it all, and even a tumor, YOU deserve this revision!!!!!

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Hislady
on 5/31/11 9:23 am - Vancouver, WA
Way to go! Just shows what percerverance can do. Enjoy your new life sounds like you have certainly earned it.
Most Active
Recent Topics