Questions about band removal

LAGORDITA
on 6/19/11 2:48 pm
Will I need to be on liquids after the surgery?

How soon will I feel relief from the left arm pain?

So scared about gaining tons of weight! but my doc said he has to monitor me for any other issues.

Thanks!!!
airbender
on 6/19/11 7:24 pm
exclusive of your helath problems as I am not familiar with them and they are not in this post....

will I need to be on liquids after the surgery?  for band removal -NO

How soon will I feel relief from the left arm pain?  if it is band related, immediate

statistically you will gain weight, especially if you are dehyrated, have developed a maladaptive eating disorder, malnourished etc.  some sustain a rapid weight gain, which can be rather terrifying.

wishing you the best.....
Nic M
on 6/20/11 2:51 am
I wasn't on liquids after surgery, but my stomach had shrunk to a point where I wasn't at all hungry for quite some time.

I had relief from the referred left shoulder pain almost immediately. However, I have a LOT of adhesions from the band and still have left shoulder pain on occasion and it's been over 6 years since I had my band removed.  It's to a lesser degree, but still irritating!

I'm sorry to say that I certainly did regain all the weight I lost. I did well for the first 2 years, but after quitting smoking, having a hysterectomy and then having to take steroids for an extended period due to an allergic reaction to the contrast dye used during a CT scan, all of the weight came back. I knew it would, I hoped it wouldn't.

I hope you'll feel better very soon.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Marianne W.
on 6/22/11 10:45 am
I started eating a regular meal the very next day.  I was too nauseous that evening.

I had horrible pain under my left rib (the reason I had it removed).  I felt amazing when I woke up!  SO glad to be rid of that thing.

Gastric sleeve in two weeks.  On to bigger and better things.

Good luck on your journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics