Just keep it real!

Hello everyone!!! I know this question been asked over and over again, but is there anybody that has a successful weight loss with the rny, and other words had the surgery and kept the weight off. I was revised from the band to the rny. My 2year mark is coming up  on the 20th of this month. I have lost 170 pounds with my revision. I also work out 5 times a week plus zumba  3 times week. I sometimes hate coming to the revision board, because I hear so much bad things about the rny. I refuse to see my weight come back so if you have a good story can you please share it.

nloffman
on 8/11/11 11:20 pm
Hey!
Congrats on your success.  You have done a great job. And it sounds like you are very dedicated to keeping it off and more importantly being healthy.
I can tell  you this.  My mom had RNY almost 10 years ago and has kept the majority of the weight off, given 10 pounds that she goes back and forth with. But she is not deligent about exercise and likes her wine.  So I am sure if she was a little more strict she would have no problem getting that off.
I also have several friends that had RNY and have been very successful too.  I think staying active is a key part.   I am seeking a revision too because I never lost the amount I should have- but i am the only one I know that had RNY and is looking for a revision.

Good luck!
Nicole
Thank you so much, and good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics