Dumping Syndrome!!!!!!! HELP

plp1988
on 9/23/11 12:01 pm
I am 3 weeks post-op from lapband to RNY surgery was Sept 8,, and I think I experienced dumping syndrome during stage 2, I was still a little hungry so I thought maybe just a little more,  took a couple more bites.....OMG....the pain in my stomach felt like labor pains. The reason I think it was, because the  pains was so bad they felt like labor pain, I had chills a little, and just feeling bad for about three and half hours. So now that I have started Stage 3,  I make sure that my portion are very small so I will not over eat, because that pain is something I do not want again if I can help it. Its like with the band I would not eat certain foods because I knew it would get stuck and I could not stand that pain. My question is, What else can cause this dumping pain?  So hopefully I can prevent it from happening again.
Hislady
on 9/23/11 1:27 pm - Vancouver, WA
I'm not positive because I too am a bandster but I believe it is from too much sugar or high carb foods that trigger it. You should post this on the RNY forum I'm sure they can tell you more than I can.
Ladytazz
on 9/23/11 1:30 pm
You may not have dumped.  Dumping occurs when you eat something with sugar in it, or high fat or for some high carbs.  Some people dump on fruit if they have too much (lucky me).  You may have just had too much to eat and that caused your pain.  That is why it is very important to measure out your food and stick with those portions.  You are too early to know if you are full or not because nerves were cut during the surgery that would tell you, so the temptation to keep eating is there.
Unless you ate something that could cause you to dump you just got a lesson on why we need to follow our doctor's plan.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Caryn W.
on 9/25/11 2:18 am - Las Vegas, NV
I am also 3 weeks out...my surgery was the 7th. I have experienced something almost the same. But I didn't have the cramps. I think mine was more along the lines of blood sugar either dropping or whatever, because I was weak, sweaty and felt like i was gonna pass out. I laid down and was out for like 4 hours. My doctor gave me the go-ahead with stage 3 also...but it seems carbs are almost worse than the sugar.
We should keep in touch, since we are so close in surgery date.
I was also a band revision...i had the band for 7 years.
plp1988
on 9/26/11 10:08 am
I was eating carbs (mash potatoes) and fruit (strawberries,raspberries and blackberries) made into a smoothies. so I think it was. Yes Caryn W. we should stay in touch. I will try and send you a friend request. not sure if I know how, but will try.
Most Active
Recent Topics