X POST: Lap band slip question

Lori F.
on 10/17/11 6:48 am - Chula Vista, CA
I logged on to see if anyone knows if a slip can happen but not hurt. I see two other posts from just today that are asking about slips, but mine is a different question.

I was talking and I just felt something moving around the upper right part of my stomach- I don't think the band is near there. (The port is way over on my left). It did not hurt, but felt something rather like gas migrating but it's way up high- like diaphgram area. Now I feel something there and it is just starting to get uncomfortable, but still no pain.

Can a slip be painless and did anyone ever feel theirs? I'm calling the doc anyway, but since I am at work, I thought I'd check.

Thanks for your replies.
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 7:00 am, edited 10/17/11 7:03 am
i knew each time that i slipped (had 2).

reflux, liquids only, constant cough - very tight feeling band.
an unfill corrected each one - went the last yr not filled, as i became very sensitive to them.

ETA - can't type for s**t today
Libby0218
on 10/17/11 8:04 am - TX
I had no idea my band had slipped. I felt nothing. The only indicators I that eventually clued me in that I'd had a slip was weight gain with constant vomitting.

Lori F.
on 10/17/11 9:57 am - Chula Vista, CA
Hmmm- OK thanks everyone.
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Toy T.
on 10/17/11 1:05 pm
DS on 02/22/12
 Wow interesting. I am just trying to learn all I can about the band bc my best friend is having it tomorrow. You can actually feel the band inside you?
Sexyvt123
on 10/17/11 11:28 pm
Wow

Toya I wish you could have talk her out of getting the band.  Its just too much of a headache in the long run :(

Toy T.
on 10/18/11 12:33 am
DS on 02/22/12
Oh boy did I try. I told her everything I learned on here and even tried to get her to come on here but she was stubborn and kept saying oh its ok I don't want to lose that much anyway so she had surgery at 6am. I am hoping she is one of the rare exceptions.
Sexyvt123
on 10/18/11 12:35 am
Oh no.  If you dont mind me asking how big is she?

Toy T.
on 10/18/11 4:55 am
DS on 02/22/12
She's 5'4 and about 235 or around there. I know she had to lose weight before surgery but she said something about her doc saying she was one of his smaller patients so a lap band would be perfect for her. She has PCOS so she was all stomach. I begged her to rethink it. I even showed her an article where they are trying to ban it in India but she's stubborn and refused. She just kept saying well he is going to do the older band and not the realize one so I will be fine. I would love to be 235 but I'm also 5'11 so I got a text saying surgery went great but we will see.
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/11 5:18 am
really wish your friend would have at least read some of the revision / failed band board.

i was 192 at the time of lapband surgery (i'm 5ft) and lost all my excess weight - but had 2 slips & a host of other problems & am revising to the sleeve next wk.    

it's been costly - self pay both times = 15k first go around & 12.5k next wk.

Most Active
Recent Topics