Band Over Bypass - scheduled 3/28

heathercross
on 2/12/12 1:41 am - New York, NY
 I don't think she has been on here lately, but, she did document that whole BOB journey as I know she had it done in Mexico.
Nikki4381
on 2/12/12 2:47 pm - NJ
Hey Theresa (and any other future BOBsters)

i just wanted to add on from what Heather said... I had BOB on 5/23/2011.  I just had my second fill last tues.. I was progressing slow but steady according to my surgen so she didn't feel the need to fill me right away.  All Dr's are different and you have to trust in them.  Weight loss has been slow, but I am comp satisfied since I know a few women who had surgery (Band or RNY) and lost so rapidly that they had complications.  Now I am no expert or trying to sound like one but I am happy with slow and steady and healthy.  Everyone is different, so just follow the "guidelines" and advice from those who know and Im sure you'll do great.

My biggest set back is getting my work outs in, I was diagnosed with RSD a couple months ago so working out how I WANT to is hindered by pain shooting in my feet and legs.. BOOOO! lol  But I am not letting that set me back into old habits.  My other biggest problem with both RNY and now this is NOT DRINKING and EATING!!! ugh such a pain, but I know that it is a must for this to work.

My best advice is to not give up, follow the guidlines your Dr gives you and stay positive.  There are disadvantages in everything, but I can say for MYSELF that this has saved me personally. 

Anytime ya need to talk or rant/rave... just ask :)

Nikki

TheresaG
on 2/17/12 4:29 am - Midland, MI
Thanks Niki,

Can I ask how much weight you have lost since the BOB?  I just need a kick start to get back into it and not having the restriction like I use to is the worst part for me.  Do you notice a huge difference?
Nikki4381
on 3/15/12 2:38 pm - NJ
I have lost 35lbs since May.  I know I have heard of people having more of results in that time frame but with my other medical conditions I have had a few setbacks.  BUT I am still happy with my results and would do it again in a heart beat.  But everyone is different so I can only speak for myself.  I lost most of my weight in the beginning with just the band and no tightenings... I think I needed that "kick start"... I have another tightening next week which will be number 3 but I have seen a difference in my restriction and I am happy each time we adjust... I just cant wait till we get the so called "sweet spot" LOL One day at a time :)
TheresaG
on 3/16/12 5:27 am - Midland, MI
I am getting excited for the upcoming procedure.  I had just posted on someone else's site that I started my low cal, high protein, products that my surgeons office makes all patients do before surgery and I am amazed at how much better I feel in just a few days.  I really think I got into the pattern of eating too much sugary, high fat foods and would dump and then I would be tired and want to sleep and just have not been motivated at all and I feel better then I have in four years.

I am glad that you are doing well and I am fine if mine is slow also, I just don't want to gain anymore and want to get back on track with wanting to exercise and eat healthy again.

Keep me posted.
tinaapples
on 6/25/12 5:21 am - CO
Hi everyone!  I had RNY in 2003 and lost 150 pounds then started to yo-yo back up slowly until 2007 when I got back down to my lowest.  That's when I met my husband and got pregnant and am now 100 lbs back up.  

Scheduled for my BOB on July 16 and CANNOT WAIT!!!  My life has totally changed since I had the RNY - I'm no longer a party girl looking for the love of her life.  I found him and now have an awesome 2 1/2 year old son - mission accomplished!  I want to be healthy and active again so I can enjoy my life as a mom and wife.  I'm ready for the committment and want my little boy to be able to wrap his arms around my waist instead of slapping my belly because he thinks its funny when it jiggles.  I don't want him to be "that kid" in school with the mom on the scooter who's too big to walk.

Anyhow,  just trying to get a mental picture of how I'm going to handle making meals for myself and my family,  I already hate cooking for the most part, so I'm not really looking forward to having to spend additional time making something for the kid/hubby and then myself.  Any thoughts/suggestions? 

Success is not found in what you have achieved, but rather who you have become
Most Active