Band Over Bypass - scheduled 3/28

TheresaG
on 1/26/12 3:54 am - Midland, MI
Hello,

I had RNY in 6/2000 and went from 280 to 148 lbs. in 8/2003 (my lowest).  Since then have gained a little each year and now weigh 210 lbs.  I am scheduled to have my band over bypass with Dr. James Foote at Grand Health Partners in Grand Rapids, MI on 3/28.  If anyone has had this procedure and has any input, good, bad indifferent.  I would like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Theresa
Hislady
on 1/26/12 10:57 am - Vancouver, WA
You might post this on the lap band board too. From the few I've read about they seem to work pretty well.
heathercross
on 1/26/12 11:32 pm - New York, NY
 Theresa, not sure if we've chatted yet, but, I had a BOB on 6.23. I had my RNY in 8/2002, went from 305 to 175.  I was just about 250 when I did the BOB in June. I am now at 199/.198 and down just about 50lbs. Going in for my 7th fill tomorrow (8.4cc in a 14cc band).  Its been easy so far in terms of coping, but, the weight loss is slow and I appreciate that, I think I took the RNY weight los for granted. Click on my name next to my picture, I've been blogging since June. Not as consistent as I was with the RNY but better than some.  Email me if you need anything or have any questions.

Heather
[email protected]
TheresaG
on 1/27/12 5:22 am - Midland, MI
Thanks for the information Heather and I did read through your blog.  Did you find many other people who have had this done?  I spoke to my surgeon about going DS and he didn't suggest it at all, said that his RNY's do better with the band.  Although, he did warn me that once inside it will depend on how everything looks as to exactly what procedure he will do.
heathercross
on 1/28/12 6:27 am - New York, NY
 Not locally no, but, everyone on my profile, that I have friended or friended me are BOBsters.
liz B.
on 2/8/12 8:46 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/21/12
hi there how are you doing? i' m glad to hear that you're doing well, how is your wl going? i'm planning on having the same procedure and i wanted to know how well it works and if any complications? 
heathercross
on 2/8/12 10:40 pm - New York, NY
 Its been 7 mos now, feeling great.  Weight loss is slow, but, came into it expecting that.  I am down just ounces short of 50lbs.  I've had 7 fills and currently have 9cc in my 14cc (large band).  No complications at surgery, had a minor stomach ulcer after which I had to treat with Nexium.  Really everything is good,  I often eat too fast which results in everything coming back up, which is a weird feeling as the result is foamy, frothy and slimy.  
liz B.
on 2/9/12 12:19 pm
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/21/12
 hi,heather, thanks for the reply and the info, i'm glad to know that your doing well, i'm looking forward to my revision, i'm excited all over again, i can't wait to start with getting this weight off once and for all, i promised myself this go around i'll fight hard to do it right this time, and won't take it for granted
heathercross
on 1/29/12 3:53 am - New York, NY
 Theresa, be sure to read LisaBeezee profile as she has done well with the bob!
TheresaG
on 2/10/12 1:19 am - Midland, MI
Heather, I can see her profile, did she post any blogs? 
Most Active