Gastic Sleeve to Gastric Bypass

feferae30
on 2/29/12 10:13 pm - Houston, TX
Has anyonewent from the sleeve to bypass......im  a 1 year and  1/2 on my sleeve and i  have only lost 70 pds i have eatn right joined weigh****chers but i think my body has doneall its gone do  with the sleeve, i regret gettin it becausei could have just got the bypass and  been  a lil more happier, im going back to Mexico  end of this month to Dr Jose Rodriguez for my revision
Hislady
on 3/1/12 8:08 am - Vancouver, WA
Why not go to the DS since you already have the begining part of it with the VSG. It takes a VERY experienced surgeon to do a sleeve to bypass. If you weren't eating right how do you know your sleeve isn't going to do anymore? Lots of questions you need to ask before undertaking a revision.
Carmen C.
on 3/1/12 10:57 am
RNY on 08/08/12
I am going from a sleeve to a gastric bypass my insurance doesn't cover ds. if not I would have that done.

I lost some weight, but gain it all back and having major complications from my sleeve- acid refulx, acid medicine 4X a day, uclers and erosions in my throat. it's been 3 years since I had my sleeve and every year is getting worse.

I will be having my gastric bypass in August.
feferae30
on 3/1/12 11:01 am - Houston, TX
omg! im  sorry to hear that,  yes with this sleeve the reflux is bad well i pray to lord i get mines the end of this month
MsBatt
on 3/1/12 11:23 am
How much do you still need to lose? Seriously, you're already got the stomach part of the DS---why not just add the intestinal portion and not mess around with your stomach again?
clpeltz
on 3/2/12 7:59 am
I would rather do NOTHING than settle for a RNY.  You already have the first half of the DS, get that.  Don't butcher a perfectly normal stomach.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Cookiefae
on 4/14/12 12:46 am - TX
RNY on 04/25/12
I am having a RNY after a sleeve.  What did you decide to do?
Most Active
Recent Topics