RNY Revision: Will medicaid pay in MO

Jane A.
on 6/3/12 3:19 pm - Warrensburg, MO
 Hi Everyone!
     I have a question. I had RNY gastric bypass in March of 2004. I went from 322 lbs down to 126 lbs. Getting down that low didn't last very long. I have climbed my way bad to 205 lbs. 
     My question is does anyone in Missouri do a revision that takes Medicaid? I am applying for Medicaid again now, but it will be a huge spendown. That's okay if I can get this procedure. I am super desparate! My eating has spiraled out-of-control once again.
     If I do find someone, what are the requirements before they will accept me? Will they also make me follow a supervised diet?

Thanks!  

Janie 
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/12 2:12 am, edited 6/5/12 2:12 am - WA
the state board for MO has a list of Medicaid Doctors, look for those names on the find a surgeon list to see if they do revisions. Also call the doctors in your area and ask them straight up. As for your requirements it is up to your state. I am in a different state but  I have Medicare and will be getting Medicaid with a spend down of $2500-$2600. and all this on SSD with no spouse for added income. There are a lot of good doctors here who do revisions but I am limited by the insurance issue so I feel you Janie, Good Luck.

What kind of Revison are you hoping for? I am hoping to get a Proximal RNY to a Distal RNY.
Most Active
Recent Topics