So I saw a surgeon today... He was not very encouraging ...

icurn2003
on 8/7/12 1:58 pm - Taylorsville, GA
 He basically told me to eat less, quit drinking my protein shakes , go to solid proteins instead, he would do an EGD to see what my pouch looked like, BUT even if he did a revision it may not work??? So, I felt like I was talking to someone who didn't know anything about being fat... Doesn't he realize that I understand the calories in/ calories out.. Ugh. So discouraged. 
MsBatt
on 8/8/12 1:02 am
Well, he's got a point. I just read back over your 'latest posts' here on the Revision board, and it seems you've not exactly been the world's most compliant patient. Eating dense proteins are going to keep you less hungry than drinking protein shakes, and you DO need to journal your food. Since you drastically changed your eating habits a year ago and started regaining, there's probably a clue that you're eating the wrong stuff.

BUT---he's full of it when he says that a revision won't help. The important question is what sort of revision will work for YOU. I strongly urge you to consider going to the DS, but the surgeon you have listed is NOT a surgeon who does them. In fact, there are very few surgeons who do---find one of them to talk to.

Get the EGD done, find out if you have a 'mechanical' failure like a stretched stoma, fistula, etc. Call your insurance company and find out exactly what their qualifications are.  And read this article:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4416773/quotDoes-the-Patient -Fail-the-Procedure-or-Does-the/
sfnativewm
on 8/10/12 7:34 am
I am so sorry!   It is so easy for the bariatric surgeon to say eat less!!!     I do agree with him on stopping the protein drinks and go for the solid proteins instead.   I was told the same and i did feel full longer!!!

Do yourself a big favor document all your eat  for a few weeks, then go back in and show him you are serious!!!

Good luck to you!! 

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Most Active
Recent Topics