X post quick update

scarlettbegonias
on 8/29/12 12:42 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
  My meeting with the surgeon didn't go how I wanted it to- he wants to wait another 5 months before he will operate on me again- he's concerned about swelling and healing and other crap- which given he's cutting it all out I don't really get but he's saying for now my insides are to swollen/damaged/angry.
Im going to see another surgeon a few hours from here at my surgeons expense to get a second opinion  ,see if he thinks we can do it any sooner- I really don't want to wait another 6 months I already waited 3 after the band removal I'm doing my head in at the moment, it doesn't help that I stilll can't exercise except a (slow) walk- I'm not allowed to go above 3 on the treadmill

Sorry for the little rant .  

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

pineview01
on 8/29/12 8:34 am - Davison, MI
Man, I am so sorry this is happening to you.  Isn't the reason
your insides are swollen/damaged/angry because he didn't
do the right thing in the first place.
I would get that second opinion one way or the other.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Hislady
on 8/29/12 7:19 pm - Vancouver, WA
Just want to wish you good luck on the second opinion! I would think after 3 mos. you should be in prettt good shape for another surgery. Maybe wait another 3 mos just to be sure but 6 mos more seems awfully long. Wishing you all the best!
scarlettbegonias
on 8/29/12 10:05 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 Thanks pineview and hislady
Yepnthat is the reason why my insides are swollen and angry!
Hislady I also thought 3 months would be fine given that was the Time frame I was given when the band was removed for healing- not really sure why this is double except maybe he's tiptoeing with me.
I have my appointment with the other surgeon for September 18th that was the earliest available so cross your fingers and toes for me!!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Turtle Lynn
on 8/30/12 5:51 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I would definitely get a second opinion.  

I'm not sure what was going on with your insides at the time of surgery, but I had had my Band for 6 years with a bunch of scar tissue under it and esophageal damage and my new surgeon was able to remove my Band and do my RNY conversion all at once.

6 more months does seem like an overly long time to wait.  

Best of luck to you, I hope you get quick resolution!!!!

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Most Active
Recent Topics