Xpost.... I got a date update!!!

scarlettbegonias
on 9/18/12 5:01 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 For those who know my story.

I met with the  " fixer of other surgeons eff ups" today-he's oing to do my Rny with the remnant stomach removed!!

Im booked in for a month from today, can't wait to get this all sorted!!  

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

pineview01
on 9/18/12 9:34 pm - Davison, MI
I have been waiting for an update from you.  Did you every figure
out how the first effed up?

What excatly did the other guy leave you with?  I was trying to
figure out before.  Your going to end up with the little RNY pouch
with the "extra" stomach removed like a sleeve?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

scarlettbegonias
on 9/18/12 11:55 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 Hey pineview

When they stuck the bougie(?) down my throat/ stomach as a template they were still prepping and there was a small issue with some bleeding at the bottom so the surgeon stitched that up, they then got ready and started cutting along the ege of the bougie at some point they realised it had moved and they had cut the wrong part-so from "straight" to on an angle down- it made sense when he explained it my reexplanation doesn't seem as clear......

So it looked like a pie slice out of the middle of my stomach once it had been restitched back together.

The Rny I'm getting will be a standard looking Rny except that all of the remnant stomach will be removed- I'm paranoid about  ulcers in the blind stomach and they don't want o leave damaged scarred stomach in there, also the side where the gherlin is produced like in a sleeve so hopefully my hunger will be greatly diminished if/when it returns.

Im pretty excited at this point, a bit nervous because I'll be about two hours from home so the three days they have me booked in for I'll be on my lonesome which I think I only find daunting because my 1day stay with the last turned into 7 and that would have been extra hard at hat distance

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

pineview01
on 9/19/12 7:43 am - Davison, MI
Makes you want to just B****H slap that first surgeon!  Hopefully
you have an GREAT surgeon this time and all goes well for you. 
You'll be home in your bed in three days.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

scarlettbegonias
on 9/19/12 6:17 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 Thank you!!!

***** slap, let zombies loose on.....

Ill keep you posted on how this one goes :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics