insurance question

soulpurpose
on 9/30/12 9:28 am
I have HMO BC/BS OF MASSACHUSETT FOR insurance. there are no Massachusett nor in network revision doctors.  I want to see Dr. Roslin in New York, but he is out of network per my insurance. so i am in the process of getting a referral from my pcp to see Dr. Roslin, however it is totally up to BC/BS. Of course i am waiting for a response from them.  But does anyone knows the process with insurance when this type of thing happens,(revision done only by out of network doctor) will the insurance approve it if there are no in network drs?
Hislady
on 9/30/12 2:55 pm - Vancouver, WA
While I haven't had your exact situation I do know my insurance covers out of network docs but at a fasr reduced rate like 50% instead of 80%. However I have heard of insurance covering out of network at a higher rate if there is no other qualified doc in network. So here's hoping they do that for you! I'd suggest appealing if they refuse to cover and ask for a peer to peer review. Good luck!
soulpurpose
on 9/30/12 8:21 pm
 thank you for the advice
pineview01
on 10/1/12 11:19 am - Davison, MI
My insurance won't pay for out of network Revision Doctors as they
don't pay for Revisions.  Only they know what they will decide to pay for.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics