Why is my revision weightloss so slow???

kisha
on 11/25/12 5:21 am

Man, I had my revision surgery on October 18th and I haven't loss but 12 pounds!!!!!! After all of the pain I had to endure my hope for a rapid weight loss is stressing me out. I am losing mad inches and even trying a few smaller sizes. I just want the scale to move forward! I know I must have patience and I know the weight is not going to just melt away. I am just having a weight loss surgery pity party.....

Will I ever get to my goal weight!!!            

linette
on 11/25/12 5:43 am

Curious to know what kind of revision you had and why?

kisha
on 11/25/12 5:55 am

I already had a RNY but my bypassed intestine had become longated. So my surgeon shortened the intestine and restapled my pouch.

annamarie1969
on 11/25/12 8:19 am - deltona, FL

Baby....u r going to do this....u r going to get to your goal....u have to believe to achieve, nothing worth obtaining is going to come very easily... so just hang in there and keep shooting for those great goals. I know it is so hard to try to be positive when u go through such a dangerous and life altering surgery.  keep us all posted i would love to follow u and see your progress, which btw it is coming soon.....u have already done so well.  Take care...

kisha
on 11/25/12 8:34 am
Thank u so much for the encouraging words. Its just disencouraging sometimes but I know I muSt keep the faith!

luvinmyself
on 11/25/12 10:04 am - GA
Revision on 11/14/12

Hello, I am asking the same question for myself.  I just had my surgery on November 14th, and I've only lost 6 pounds.  Though I did gain 80 pounds back I do remember when I initially had my lap band surgery the weight came off quick at first.  I sure hope this gets better.  I can't imagine how it would make me feel if I didn't lose this weight this time.  And I have followed all the rules thus far.  Best of luck to you.

kisha
on 11/25/12 10:09 am
I feel your frustration dear! Maybe our bodies r just going through short stalls! I am up my protein to 4 shakes a day plus water. Maybe this will be the stagnation. I will let you know how it goes... The best of luck to you as well!

pineview01
on 11/25/12 10:08 am, edited 11/25/12 10:12 am - Davison, MI

If your losing inches and sizes, you know things are going good.  You must be redistributing.  Keep on keeping on!  I always have heard losing with a revision is much slower than a virgin surgery.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

kisha
on 11/25/12 10:11 am
Oh ok! I didn't know that! Thanx for the advice and encouragement..

LThomas967
on 11/25/12 10:52 am

I am also a revision from band to bypass on September 10th. To date I have lost about 18 lbs and have been following the rules (except need to drink more water). It seems slow to me when I have seen other drop it quickly! I have even been going to the gym 3-4 days a week. Please tell me I will reach my goal, I am seriously stressing about this, I didn't go through all of this for nothing! I do feel better knowing I am not alone and this may be the norm for revisions!!

Most Active