LIQUID DIET PHASE BEFORE SURGERY

nikkim102
on 2/5/13 4:32 am
Somebody on here said they were allowed veggies on their all liquid diet before surgery. Anybody else allowed vegetables????
Hislady
on 2/5/13 7:30 am - Vancouver, WA

Nope if you are on liquids that means no solid food, period. Some docs allow a part liquid diet with drinks for breakfast and lunch then a small dinner of protein and veggies. However if your doc has you on a liquid diet then that means liquids only unless you get an approval from your doc to add a few veggies. It doesn't make sense that docs all have a different pre op diet and some don't even require a pre op diet. If it's any consolation I had to do 30 days of skim milk 3x a day and all the no calorie drinks I could stand. So between the pre op and post op diet I was on liquids for almost 2 months! After about 3-5 days I wasn't even interested in food anymore so it wasn't too bad but it was a loooong time before I got to eat even partially solid food.

nikkim102
on 2/8/13 12:20 am

Today is day 4 and I am not hungry anymore except late at night & I really try to concentrate on being tough & not craving anything.   I pee all the time though due to the high amount of water I drink.  Am curious, how much weight did you lose on the 30 days of liquids ???  Also how much after the surgery when you were on the post op diet ??  

pineview01
on 2/5/13 11:12 am - Davison, MI

The first time no!  This time they added (as I posted on the other post) 2 cups per day of raw veggies for crunch, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers and the such.  It is up to your surgeon/center if they allow them.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics