Stomaphyx - info

tina01
on 2/21/13 2:30 am - Wilmington, DE

just an fyi...

I have been searching and searching for data-long term results, complications and possibility of revisions after having stomaphyx.  I have not been able to get an professional answers.

So, I have email EndoGastric Solutions, the creator of stomaphyx.  First scary thing is that they no longer even list it on their website, (yes they did have it there at one point).  I'm not sure my email will ever even be read and questions answered, but I will forward any information that I may receive on this board.

~tina

Hislady
on 2/21/13 4:37 am - Vancouver, WA

That's probably because it wasn't very successful.

tina01
on 2/21/13 5:24 am - Wilmington, DE

It was successful for me... for 5 years.. you have to work it the same as anything else.  That's why I have some questions that I need answered now.  It is no more 'unsuccessful' than RNY, just read today 40%+ regain their weight in 5 years.

beanybaby
on 2/21/13 6:03 am

No positive studies on it. Most people don't want to have surgery every 5 years.

MsBatt
on 2/22/13 12:58 am

If it worked for you, then you're the exception. And clearly it's not proving to be along-term solution, so---why do you want to do it AGAIN? Have you considered revising to a form of WLS that will give you a permanent solution? Like the DS?

Most Active