This explains my no restriction...

Malg22
on 4/4/13 4:34 am - Tiffin, OH
VSG on 12/18/13

Hello everyone. I posted about a month ago on the lap band board as I was getting back on track after having twins on Dec. 29th. Well, I went to the dr 5 weeks ago, got a fill of a .5 and left there hoping to feel restriction. Strange enough-that put me at 11ccs in my 11 cc band. I just went back for a check on 4/1. Was asked how my restriction level was and I told them that I had no restriction whatsoever. My surgeon did a residual, called another surgeon in the office in and they both only got almost 3cc out of my band. So, it was determined that my band is leaking and I am scheduled for a band removal in one week. Anyone else had this done? I feel completely frustrated-deflated-upset-and all of the above. My goal was to at this point get at a good restriction level and have lost my excess weight.

Any experience on this would be greatly, greatly appreciated. How was your recovery? Were you in pain afterwards similar to when your band was placed? I have 6 kiddos..and I just see this uphill battle.

But..in saying that..I am still positive in a sense for the long haul. We have begun the steps to get approval for a gastric bypasss. My surgeon feels it's best to remove band-let stomach heal and then schedule another surgery. I wish the diet changes along with exercise would have paid off, but I have to tell myself it was nothing i did wrong. My surgeon said that it was either a faulty band or at one of my fills the line must have been poked by the syringe. 

Thanks for listening.

ButterflyAna
on 4/4/13 8:41 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
Good Luck.
I was tight my entire 4 1/2 years with my band. I know that I see food entirely differently because of the band. Do you want the RNY? Why not a band revision or sleeve? Have you had any other complications?

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

pineview01
on 4/4/13 1:59 pm - Davison, MI

Check out the group failed lapbands.  There are many people that got the bands removed for leaking.  Some have had them replace just to have problems with the second band too.  Have the talked to you about a revision surgery after your tummy heals?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Cherokeesage
on 4/4/13 7:48 pm
RNY on 02/24/12

I really love my band before it slipped.  I had very little fill and hit my sweet spot.  Once it slipped it was horribly painful and I threw up far to much.  There were times that I'd take a drink of water and it come flying out my mouth.  Thus, the insurance allowed it to be removed and a revision to RNY.   It was done in one surgery.  It was a huge relief and I had zero problems having it done in one surgery.  Some surgeons actually prefer to do it in one surgery while others adhere to separate surgeries.  Best wishes to you.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Most Active
Recent Topics