I have such guilt! I thought it was all my fault

Sandra S.
on 4/11/13 2:45 am - Mountain Home, ID

I haven't been on OH in years.  My original RNY surgery date was Mar 28, (I think!) of 2006.  I was a lightweight and pre-surgery weight was 250 and my lowest weight after surgery was 170 (if I remember right).  I maintained for about a year and then slowly have regained almost 40 lbs with the last 15 lbs in the past 6 months.  *sigh*  I was very good at following the rules for the first 3 years with my vitamins, liquids and protein, protein protein.  I think I lost faith with my doctor when I got sick and had constant diarrhea for months.  Doc felt it was a bug I must have gotten while on a trip to Mexico.  I had started blaming my weight gain on personal issues that were happening at the time, such as my parents moving in with us, marriage separation and finally divorce.  My ex blames all our problems on my surgery and weight loss...but that's for another forum.  NOW I've been reading up on revisions and am thinking it may not have been all my fault after all!  What do I do? How do I begin to find out what my choices are?  I haven't been in contact with my doc in probably 3 years.  Does insurance cover revisions?  

I should have never stopped checking in on OH.  But I'm back...I need Help.  

coolsas212

Hislady
on 4/11/13 3:24 am - Vancouver, WA

Sorry you are having problems, we always blame ourselves first don't we? First stop is either your former doc or find a new one. Then discuss options and find out if your insurance covers revisions. Good luck!!

Whit
on 4/13/13 1:52 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hello,

My insurance did not limit weightloss surgery the only stipulation was medically necessity. I had revision from RNY to DS on Dec. 10, 2012 with Dr Ara Keshishian.

I had surgical complications and was in the hospital for 3 weeks. It has not been easy but I have lost 60 pounds in 4 months and am starting to feel normal. 

Please do your research.  You should be able to look up your coverage to see what is included. I would not mention non compliance and focus on any co morbidities. Dumping is one. Look-up the symptoms. Unless your Dr. is a vetted revision surgeon and the list is short he/she will want to do a RNY tune-up. Big RED FLAG it does not work for most.  dsfacts.com is a good place to start. 

Good luck,

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tricie 40
on 4/15/13 3:50 am - Back Home For Good, IL

I am starting my revision process. Did you dumping is considered a co-mobidity? OMG! I had the RNY 01/07/2007. I dump now more that I did 6 years ago. Yet  I have gained over 55 lbs back and steady gaining.

Im going to do some more research on this dumping thing. Although, I am in the waiting on approval stage, it is always better to be informed.

Thanks

Tricie

The only person that is with us our entire life,  is ourselves. Live while you are alive

Tricie

Whit
on 4/15/13 12:55 pm
Revision on 12/10/12
Most Active
Recent Topics