RNY to DS leak stint not working

hayley88
on 6/21/13 2:08 am
If anyone out there had their leak repaired thru an operation I would love to hear details. X-ray yesterday showed
stint was working for the most part, just a tiny bit of fluid was getting thru. They will check again Monday and if the same thing is happening remove the stint. Next course is surgery to fix leak and I'm scared to death of another operation. I'm going on 7 wks in the hospital and have no idea about fixing the leak. I'd be great full for any info advice.
Zee Starrlite
on 6/21/13 4:43 am

No info but you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Sorry that you have been through so much.  May you be healed God speed.

(((HUGS)))

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Whit
on 6/21/13 10:59 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi,

I had revision surgery with Dr. Keshishian in December. One week later while still in the hospital I had a second surgery my white count was rising and they did not know why. So the went in LAP I had a leak-it was an undetected ulcer so it was in my stomach. He placed a "T" drain in the ulcer and I was NPO for 8 weeks. It healed itself. I was lucky. He did not x-ray my stomach but monitored the discharge in the "T" tube drain when I started drinking water and broth. 

I wish you all the best. It will get better.

Best,

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

pineview01
on 6/21/13 11:59 am - Davison, MI

Man Hayley sorry to hear you are still going thru this.  Sounds like you are going thru hell!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active