Blood Work Costs

Icomputeit
on 9/11/13 10:23 am

I went to see my surgeon to discuss a revision.  He ordered blood work on me.  I just received the bill, prior to submitting to insurance, of $1,600.  It seems so expensive to me.  What costs have others experienced for blood work?

Hislady
on 9/11/13 4:05 pm - Vancouver, WA

It just depend on the type of test and where it is done. I have one that I get monthly that is $20 and done locally. I had one done when I had cancer that that cost $5000.00 and had to be sent to CA to do. Insurance should cover the majority of it tho as long as it is standard testing for pre-op stuff.

JudyAz
on 9/12/13 1:08 am - FL

When I have lab work, my submitted bill looks like that. As long as you have insurance and it goes thru a participating lab, you will see a huge write off or adjustment. After that write off and insurance payment, I usually owe under  $ 20.00.  The sad part is those without insurance, have huge bills like that. This prevents people from getting labs or seeing Dr's. There are some labs that do self pays, now. Good prices, but not sure about the fee's for the specialty tests.

pineview01
on 9/12/13 11:56 am - Davison, MI

I was looking at my bill last time and there were two test for over $1000 each.  It is crazy.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics