Lap band to DS and swallowing x-post to DS

Angelique J.
on 9/13/13 8:21 am - Allentown, PA

For those of you who had a lapband and know what restriction feels like...do you have the same feeling with the DS when you eat and do you ever get "stuck" or not so much so?

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

Sherrie P.
on 9/14/13 11:59 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I am Band to RNY - and I will tell you that getting that crapband out was the best.  The smaller pouch actually makes you feel FULL rather than stuck and miserable.  At least in my case!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

pineview01
on 9/15/13 4:04 am - Davison, MI

I am a Band to sleeve.  So I do have the stomach part of the DS.  The filling is nothing the same.  You come out of surgery with restriction and don't spend your life trying to find it.  It isn't the mechanical restrictions that makes you stick and in pain.  If you eat to much you will be miserable like after stuffing yourself on Thanksgiving.  Only it is a smaller in the middle of your stomach. Kind of weird really.  It took me a while to figure out and be able to explain it.

So while it is painful, it is a natural you do it to yourself and know how to avoid it thing.  With the band you never now when, where or why.  Hope that makes since and helps.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics