RNY to Ds revision on 30th with Dr. K. Have questions

MSSEXXC74
on 10/21/13 12:20 pm
Will I have a private room at Huntington? Will my significant other be able to stay at the hospital most of the day with me? After what the hospital did to my mother I'm afraid to be alone. I need someone there to have my back and be my voice. I posted this on the DS board also
Hislady
on 10/22/13 5:50 am - Vancouver, WA

You might want to discuss this with your surgeon and explain why you feel this way and see if he can "pull any strings" to make it happen for you. Maybe he is on staff at another hospital if the hospital staff is the problem and you could go to that hospital. It sounds like this is very important to you so I would definately make sure things are in place before surgery to address the problem. Heck it would make the staff's job easier because your partner could take care of lots of things for them. Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/13 5:12 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13

If it can't be done at Huntington (Pasadena), it can at Delano Regional Medical Center (Delano), where all the rooms in the bariatric wing are singles and really nice rooms. 

FWIW, I had my band-to-sleeve revision with Dr. K at Delano Regional Medical Center and BOTH of my requested advocates bailed out on my at the last minute.  (Although they both had bonafide reasons.)  Dr. K and the staff took great care of me (because this is a very atypical situation to not have an advocate with you), they had me stay overnight instead of outpatient surgery, they had a hospital staff member drive me to the pharmacy and back to my hotel, AND bring my own vehicle to the hotel for me the next day. 

Dr. K also referred me to my DS surgeon before I left the U.S., in case I had some sleeve issues.  I don't want to go off on a tangent with that, though.

Dr. K is one of the BEST bariatric surgeons out there and he is extremely skilled with the RnY to DS revision, which is the most difficult bariatric surgery to perform.

MSSEXXC74
on 10/29/13 5:50 am
I trust him. I know he knows what hes doing. Now my body on the other hand I don't have confidence that it knows its job. Heart continue to beat. Lungs continue to breath. Don't forget to wake up. So its not him I'm concerned about.
Most Active
Recent Topics