Concerned. No weight loss in 8 weeks .... Sleeve to DS.

Caligurl99
on 10/28/13 8:48 pm

I was so excited because i lost 27 pounds right in the first two weeks of my surgery. I think mostly because I was still on the liquid diet but since then absolutely NOTHING :( Not even one pound on the scale and it's been 8 weeks. I even work out hard core and got a trainer a week and a hal*****o see if that helps. Any suggestions or stories like mine? I get my protein and dont get over my allowance of calories! HELP!

Member Services
on 10/29/13 3:55 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your surgery and 27 pounds lost.  AWESOME   

This could be your body adjusting to the 27 pounds lost and or if you are working out hard and putting on muscle mass this may be why it has temporarily stopped.  Stay the course and the scale with move again. Don't let a number on the scale be your only measure of success. Take measurements and also think about how good you are feeling and with working out how strong you are feeling.  

Be sure and give your surgeon's office a call with any concerns and share with your support group. We can't wait for more updates.

Regards,

Member Services Team

band2sleeverevision
on 10/31/13 5:22 am
VSG on 02/25/13

Almost 3 pounds a week is pretty good.  Do you have a 3 month scheduled with your surgeon?  If not, I would schedule one and let them know.

I'm a big advocate of reporting anything you consider out of the ordinary to the surgeons.  They should be tracking this.  When I started to inexplicably gain weight with my lap band, it was actually the first symptom of a problem. When I eventually did contact my lap band surgeon, they said that many of their long term banders were reporting the same....big red flag that something was going wrong with the bands.

Zee Starrlite
on 11/1/13 4:52 am

People will tell you all sorts of things but best to be proactive.  I did not lose much more after the initial post-op diet - I was a revision from lapband to VSG.  Now some VSG to DS do absolutely fantastic, some do okay, and then some do very poorly in terms of weight loss.  There is something about having the Sleeve & DS at the same time or even shortly after.

We revisions are already used to eating less and healthier so our bodies are not shocked by our once again little stomach capacity or bypass.  It is weird just this morning I needed to take care of some business so went out early before work and went to place I don't normally go.  I saw everyday people drinking regular cokes at 8AM with big fat danishes (I mean the size of frisbees).  Went to McD's for a $1- coffee and people were ordering giant sweet teas and all the super sweet candied coffee drinks to drink along side their McGriddles and 2 for $3- sandwiches.  Me, poor me, I eat healthy for many, many years and I can't lose on a measely 1500 calories.  WTH!  Now if they had WLS they'd lose super fast because it is a drastic change.  Just like when someone is a couch potato and begans to move.  Be strict with yourself - forget about the slow loser stuff.  Get your weight off now in a healthy life changing way - like follow your DS diet schedule to a tee, take your vitamins, exercise, just do it right right now.  You've got a lifetime to play but not now.  All Best,L

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

nicholivolkoff
on 11/2/13 4:13 am - Canada

Did you get resleeved at the same time as your revision? I did not, and have only gained weight since. You need a tight small sleeve to lose weight easily. I now have to get surgery number 3, a resleeve in order to lose. It just goes to show you where the real power of the DS is, it is in the sleeve for losing, the intestinal part for maintaining the loss. I am so pissed.

Most Active
Recent Topics