A DS surgeon in Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Laura73
on 11/7/13 8:24 am

Anyone know of a good DS surgeon in the DFW area?

It's been a while since I've been on here.  To make a long story as short as I can: I had a sleeve with minimal initial and later no restriction.  I'd like to have the sleeve done right.  I think a good DS surgeon is who I need to talk to- if they can do a DS, they should be able to fix a messed up sleeve.  I'd had some people on here suggest Dr. Stewart in Denton a while back.  Sadly, his website says he died unexpectedly in July 2013.

I was trying some non-surgical efforts that looked promising (metformin for PCOS/insulin resistance) but I couldn't tolerate it and have since gained what I lost.  My PCP has given me a couple of names but one I know is not for me and the other one shows up on the OH site search as a DS surgeon but his website doesn't say anything about DS.  I've seen posts on here about bait and switch surgeons who say they do DS but then try to talk you into RNY.  I have issues with low blood sugar and so RNY scares me.  I know that DS is best long term loss but I have serious concerns about absorbing other medicines I take if I had RNY or DS.

Thanks

cajungirl
on 11/8/13 5:15 am

Laura I'm sure some of the DSers can share more info on surgeons.  I am aware that Dr. Ayoola in Denton Texas was working with Dr. Stewart and is now doing various surgeries.  You may try contacting and scheduling a consult with him. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Laura73
on 11/8/13 5:31 am
Thanks. I'll check that one out 😀
Laura73
on 11/8/13 12:26 pm
FYI- I talked with friendly staff person at Dr. Ayoola's office today. She seemed to have never heard of sleeve repair/re-sleeve and from context of discussing her WLS I think she's been there a while. She said Dr. A had been practicing bariatric surgery in VA previously and spent 2 years being trained/mentored by Dr. Stewart before he died. He's not in network with UHC yet but they're expecting that very soon. I plan to go for a consultation and see what he says. Thanks for info and will post more on boards about him after I have appt.
Karen M.
on 11/8/13 12:44 pm

Is Dr.Ayoola located in Houston.Tx?

Laura73
on 11/8/13 1:00 pm
No. He's in Denton, TX and has an office in Frisco. These locations are north of Dallas. I think it'll be about a 90min drive for me. I need to look into which hospitals he operates at. I lived in a town bordering Frisco about 8yrs ago and there weren't any hospitals there I would choose at that time. I'm a nurse but unfortunately don't know the current situation in that area.
Karen M.
on 11/8/13 1:34 pm

Hi Laura 

I'm GOING TO  PASTE THIS MESSAGE FROM ANOTHER REVISION MEMBER ON A FORUM AND PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IS THIS TRUE ?

Laura73
on 11/8/13 10:20 pm
Karen,

I can't see what you've pasted.

Cindy1976
on 11/8/13 11:01 pm
DS on 12/26/14
Hey Laura, I'm having a revision from lap band to DS on the 18th with Dr. Ayoola. My surgery will be at Baylor Medical Center in Plano. For my EGD they used Denton Regional Medical Center. I believe they also do surgery at Denton RMC but I believe my insurance required this hospital. I also have UHC (Choice Plus) and am able to use Dr. Ayoola as an in network provider - something about him having a level 2 NPI that covers the practice as a whole. I know pretty much nothing about the healthcare and insurance industries so hopefully that makes sense.

Anyway, hope this info is helpful. Best of luck!
band04tosleeve13
on 11/9/13 11:29 pm

I just had my revision to Gastric Sleeve from Lap Band with Dr. Ayoola at the Frisco location on 11/6. So happy. 

Bander 2004 to

Sleever 2013....

Most Active
Recent Topics