Almost 12 yrs ago....

majestikbutterfly
on 12/30/13 5:05 am - Temperance, MI

...I started my journey with an RNY Gastric Bypass. I was one of the unfortunate souls who's surgeon (Dr. Richards) did not do the surgery correctly.  I initially lost 70 lbs, but never got below 300. I have had 3 doctors and several tests conclude that this guy didn't make my pouch small enough or shorten my intestines enough.  Why, I will never know.... Dr. Richards skipped town 3 months after my original surgery and the entire program at his office disbanded. 

Flash forward 12 years later, I FINALLY got an OK from Dr. White to do a revision. I have good enough insurance through my work that covers revisions under certain criteria. So now I begin my journey all over again, hopefully successfully this time!  I am committed and starting the first of 2014 will begin my 6 month dietitian's plan to lose some more weight to be approved by my insurance.

I was an original OH member back in the day, it has changed so much!!!  I stopped coming to this sight because it hurt too much to see everyone so successful and I was not.  Now I have a second chance to get this done right!!

Hope to connect with others who may have gone through the same as me, or similar situations. I know this is the prime place for support and I couldn't wait to come on here and meet more folks who are so passionate about becoming thinner and healthier!

Happy Losing!!!

Michelle
aka Majestikbutterfly

-+=*Michelle*=+-

Most Active
Recent Topics