Bypass to DS revision with Dr. Adeyeri

HarvestMoon1974
on 4/4/14 7:51 am - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

I've been advised that I'm most likely going to need a revision, due to a marginal ulcer that won't heal. I will be seeing Dr. Adeyeri, in Holmdel NJ next week. I'm extremely nervous about the surgery, and wondered if anyone can share their experiences with the revision in general, and specifically Dr Adeyeri. Any input would be very much appreciated.

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

Ladytazz
on 4/5/14 1:10 am

I've never heard of this doctor even in regards to first time DS surgeries.  I am doubtful he is able to do a RNY to DS revision.  It is a very difficult procedure and only done (well) by a few experienced, skilled surgeons.  If a RNY to DS is what you want you would be well served to visit the DS forum and ask questions there.

I speak from experience when I say you do not want an inexperienced surgeon doing a DS on you.   I had a DS 11 years ago, when the procedure wasn't as well known and my surgeon was new at doing them.  I had a miserable 8 years of constant diarrhea, gas, bloating, terrible odor of my gas and regain of 100 lbs due to a very big sleeve.  Most of his patients had similar experiences and wound up, as I did, with revisions.  And very few, if any, reached goal weight.  You want a surgeon who has a very good track record.  I wouldn't be surprised if what he was talking about giving you was more like an ERNY, which is basically the RNY with more malabsorption, also not a good idea.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

pineview01
on 4/5/14 8:41 am - Davison, MI

I did some research on him and ladytazz is right, he doesn't even do DS.  This is one surgery I sure wanted to be the first or even one of the first dozens done by a doctor.

I would like to know more if you don't mind.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

airbender
on 4/10/14 11:47 am

you have to be extremely careful when you are a revision patient, and when you are revision from RNY to DS, that is one of the most difficult revisions.  There are only a handful of competent surgeons in the USA who could perform this.  Not only is the dr you mention not a revision surgeon, he is not a DS surgeon.  I am a revision patient who flew to have my DS.  be very careful this is your life...I wish you only the best in your journey

LeenaB
on 4/13/14 10:33 pm

I recently saw Dr. Adeyeri as he was a covering surgeon while mine was on vacation and I was in the ER.  He defilled my band as it had slipped.  I've never had such an uncomfortable experience having a band defilled.  I've had my surgeon do it before as well as the nurse pract. in his office.  Dr. Adeyeri missed my port repeatedly, causing lots of pain.  Finally the nurse in the ER suggested local anesthetic.  I was already in pain with a slipped band, but this had me in tears.  I would never recommend him to anyone.

My surgeon is Dr. Mehta- he does revisions in the same area.  Not sure if he does the RNY to DS.  Further south in NJ, I have a few friends with the DS surgery and their surgeon does revisions.

heathercross
on 4/15/14 9:58 am - New York, NY

If you are in NJ, go see Mitchell Roslin. There is no one better.

nicoletta84
on 4/17/14 7:33 am, edited 4/17/14 7:35 am
Cindy Cooney
on 5/3/14 2:01 am - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

I had an RNY back in 2001 and my surgery is being revised to a DS with Dr. Greenbaum in Moorestown, NJ.  He does revise RNY to DS, but he may offer you a distal RNY based on your first operation and medical condition.  I agree that you should check out Dr. Roslin at Lenox Hill in NY.  There are only a small handful of surgeons that perform this operation and I live in NJ and I do not remember researching this surgeon as he is a short drive from my home. 

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

Most Active
Recent Topics