Scheduled for RNY-RNY revision on 6/24/14

Pinky1030
on 6/22/14 7:03 am, edited 6/22/14 7:04 am - Mediapolis, IA
Revision on 06/24/14

My original RNY was 10 years ago. I lost disappointingly slowly but have only regained 10 lbs due to a recent shoulder surgery. Have had an EGD due to severe ongoing reflux. Surgeon says I have a hiatal hernia, my pouch is at least 2x larger than it should be and outlet is enlarged. Also have several permanent stitches loose, which they don't use anymore. Hoping this revision fixes the reflux-it's awful- and helps me lose significantly more weight!

ShebasMom
on 6/23/14 12:46 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

good luck with your surgery tomorrow.  will the MD bypass more of your bowel to give you malabsorption to help with weight loss?

Pinky1030
on 6/30/14 10:31 am - Mediapolis, IA
Revision on 06/24/14

Surgery went fairly well. I now have a revised RNY. Dr reduced my pouch to original small size so starting over again with liquids and soft foods in 2oz amounts. One incision is quite swollen and he thinks a hematoma that will resolve on it's own. Was able to get in 64oz water and 60g protein today. I drank 24oz double milk and had a greek 80cal yougurt :) Hoping for the best!

Caribbean79
on 7/6/14 12:48 am - Westbury, NY

I had my RNY procedure 14 years ago when they were still doing the open version. I lost over 100 pounds, but unfortunately gained back most of the weight after 3 pregnancies. I've consulted with my surgeon and after the series of exams, I was informed that I'd be a great candidate for the laparoscopic gastric bypass revision surgery. Needless to say I'm excited to have the revision, however the doctor informed me that it's only a 20% chance that I'll lose as much as I did the first time around. Hmmm that's a low percentage is it really worth the risk? At my highest I weighed 280, at my lowest I was 122 pounds. Oh boy was I feeling myself lol I gave new meaning to the word conceded! Now as of this morning 07/06/2014 I'm 214.

Most Active
Recent Topics