Lap Band to Sleeve Revision I got my approval from insurance but I'm afraid!

crankyyanky1
on 7/7/14 10:53 pm - hampstead, NC

I was so happy I got my approval yesterday from the insurance company for the revision and my surgery date is 8/13 !  Now I am reading thru posts and am scared.  My doctor said he will only do my surgery on the day of my surgery no one else because he like to take his time which is reassuring.  But I am now afraid,  I hope the surgery will go well.  I am nervous any advice will be appreciated.  He is putting me on a liquid protein shake diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery to shrink my liver did anyone else have to do this!  And how was it after surgery when did you feel ok?

jo11
on 7/7/14 11:59 pm

Congrats. I am in the process now. I am very nervous as well. I was on the liquid diet for 2 weeks before my lapband surgery. Definitely not looking forward to doing it again, but it's worth it.  It's dangerous to have a fatty liver. Good Luck! Hopefully I will get an August date too. 

I am revising to bypass.

juelesisfree
on 7/11/14 2:58 am

Hi Crankyanky1!! I am a band to sleeve revision done on 6/30... it's normal to be apprehensive but it's a great decision for the long run! The 2week preop was the hardest part for me I never knew how many demons I would fight to make it through.... After surgery there's discomfort and lots of gas pain so walking and taking your pain meds is key. Right now I am focusing on getting my 64oz of water and getting my protein in... milk seems not to agree with me, which I have read from other posts is not uncommon,,, and oh last but not least the reflux but if you have the band you are probably familiar lol I take my prilosec daily which helps and most days are good so far :) good luck to you! 

crankyyanky1
on 7/13/14 8:36 am - hampstead, NC

Thanks for the info, I am going thru my pre op stuff right now the dr keeps saying I will be under a lot longer than normal sleeve surgery.  How long was your actual surgery.  I have not had any reflux thank goodnees with the band except for a few times when it was way too tight so hopefully I won't with the sleeve but I am not holding my breath I am really looking forward to getting this over. So after about 2 weeks how are you feeling I am trying to gauge about 2 weeks after my surgery my son is leaving for college and I am wondering about how I will be doing?  Thanks for the info people who have actually gone thru it are the best at telling you what it will be like!!

Kim

pineview01
on 7/14/14 3:54 pm - Davison, MI

I never had reflux until I had the band and it went away after the band was removed.  I was told to take PPI's 2X a day for the first year but after six months cut back to one a day.  You go thru withdraw for 3/4 weeks than it gets better.  After one year I stopped the second and went thru another 3/4 week and than all was well.  After 4.5 months I got the sleeve.  9 months later I was with in 10 pounds of goal.  18 months out I an "normal" and loving my sleeve.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Sally L.
on 7/17/14 1:19 am

So your acid reflux did not improve with the sleeve?  I am considering revising, but research says acid reflux and heartburn aren't always resolved with the sleeve, and sometimes worsens.  I am looking for info on this.  I was hoping to alleviate the acid reflux!  

SALLY - banded May 9, 2007 Check out my new fun fall photos!

pineview01
on 7/17/14 2:36 pm - Davison, MI

The band caused my acid reflux and it was alleviated by the band removal.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Sally L.
on 7/18/14 6:41 am

Good to know!

SALLY - banded May 9, 2007 Check out my new fun fall photos!

Most Active
Recent Topics