Upper GI says my pouch is still small.

rnin2011
on 7/14/14 3:43 pm
So I was contemplating revision. I had a Proximal Rouxen Y in 2005. Pre RNY I weighed 270 and at my lowest post RNY around 130. I leveled out at around 150 and that was fine for me. Started re-gaining in 2009 and back up to 200 now. Had an upper GI done yesterday and saw a bariatric surgeon. He said my pouch is still small. No revision necessary.-boo!!

poet_kelly
on 7/15/14 11:49 am - OH

Why boo?  I would think you'd be happy to hear you don't need another surgery and that your pouch is still in good shape.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rnin2011
on 7/15/14 4:23 pm
I guess I am worried that I will let myself down and I was hoping there would be something that could explain why after eating the way I should and exercising 5/days per week, I am not losing the regain. Maybe I was just looking for an easier way out.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/16/14 8:17 am

The pouch may be small, but how about the stoma? If that stretchs, food just moves to the intestines too quickly, leaving you hungry too soon. 

Also, the malabsorbtion of calories isn't supposed to last more than a year or two with RNY, so it may just be you are now absorbing all calories. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but have you tried logging everything you eat for a week or so?

pineview01
on 7/16/14 10:16 am, edited 7/16/14 10:16 am - Davison, MI

That was my thought also, the stoma!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics