What to expect from Lap Band to Bypass Revision?

Margeson2012
on 8/4/14 6:32 am

I followed my lap band program to a T but I still didn't have a good enough metabolism. What should I expect weight loss wise after surgery? I've heard it can be a lot slower than just initial bypass. I find out Aug 8 when my surgery will be scheduled!

Hislady
on 8/4/14 10:19 am - Vancouver, WA

You can expect actual weight loss! The band didn't work for a great many of us so you aren't alone with that. If you follow you docs nutritional plan, weigh and measure your food and exercise as you can you should lose weight. It may not be as fast as a virgin Bypass but I would bet it is much better than what you lost with the band! Myslf I would go with a sleeve ot DS but that's just my choice for keeping my pyloric valve which helps you feel full. Read about all the surgeries so you can make an informed choice. Good luck to you!

Margeson2012
on 8/11/14 4:07 am

Thank you for your reply to my post! You gave me a lot to think about!

tdbull
on 8/5/14 2:59 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Check out my photos and monthly blog. I am a band to RNY revision - have lost all of my intended weight and more. Best decision I ever made. Best of luck with your surgery!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Margeson2012
on 8/11/14 4:08 am

Congrats! I just got my surgery date Aug 25 so I am hoping my dedication to the process will pay off this time! I should have went with bypass from the beginning but I let the doctor talk me into it. Years wasted but thankful I am getting a second chance!

ohbearly
on 8/11/14 3:59 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Every person is unique in their WLS. Given that, some lose more than others. From my experience and observations, you should lose more weight. I lost an additional 50 pounds. I did well on my Lapband and only gained back 20 pounds during my last year of the band when I had a series of complications that led to its removal. It was the best decision I ever made. My life is so much better with RNY. After 6 years of WLS I realize that it is not all about the pounds lost but more about what you gain. I am very active and a much healthy eater. Both band and RNY are tools. I just happen to believe that RNY is a better tool.

Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Margeson2012
on 8/11/14 4:10 am

So true! I'm not overly concerned about my "weight" but I refused to go off of my birth control to get pregnant at this weight while still having this dreadful band in my belly. I know I can still with the program and succeed... It's just scary considering doctors assured me the lap band would work for life and here I am 5 years later needing it out due to slippage and pain. Fingers crossed all goes well!

Most Active
Recent Topics