Looking to have a revision from RNY to DS possibly

onemeanmom
on 10/24/14 2:25 pm - Modesto, CA

Hi, I had an RNY in 2008 and lost 110 lbs and due to being sick the last three years, unable to do much more than sleep, no exercise and on meds that are known to cause weight gain... here I am having gained back all but 40 lbs. I am feeling better and really want to stop all this madness. I need to regain control of my life and I feel like this will be a big benefit towards that goal. I understand its a more complicated surgery but I trust my surgeon. I am just starting this process, had an initial consult and this Tuesday will have my psych eval, after that they will seek approval from the insurance co. I will have to have a swallowing test of some sort to check the size of my pouch and stoma, etc. and go from there. Anyway, if anyone has had experience with this and thoughts or ideas I would appreciate it if you would share. Thank you so much. 

And off topic.... how do you all add things to your signature like the previous weight loss and first surgery info along with the current one. Some of you all add quotes etc.... how??? Can't seem to figure it out.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/25/14 4:26 pm

Very few surgeons actually can do that revision. You are lucky to be in CA, where there are actually two. I hope you happen to have Rabkin or Keshishian, or you may be talked into something like ERNY.  Good luck with your revision.

As for the siggy stuff, I used to go to an ap that put it all in for me, but they kept needing me to update or it wold just display a message that I hadn't updated for X days, so I just deleted it. There must be something more useful than that now.

onemeanmom
on 10/27/14 3:24 pm - Modesto, CA

Thx!

Carmen C.
on 10/29/14 9:51 am
RNY on 08/08/12

I'm in the process of waiting for insurance approval from rny to ds. 

I did my stomach test and my doctor doesn't require a mental evaluation.  See what insurance says

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

Beverly P.
on 11/2/14 8:57 am

I too am fixing to have the DS from RNY. Seeing  Dietitian and doing several health test. Hoping my ins. will approve. What is your ins.? I'm having my surgery in Huntsvile, AL. Where are you from?

Most Active
Recent Topics