revision from jib done in 1975

Charlotte Maier
on 1/3/15 10:59 am - Belfair, WA

Just wondering if anyone is still around that had the JIB? Does anyone know of a surgeon in Washington to do revisions that old.

Charlotte
airbender
on 1/3/15 10:37 pm

A friend of mine from TN has JIB and still does to date.  You are not far from 2 highly respected, very experienced, revision surgeons, both in CA.  Drs Keshishian and Rabkin.  I would suggest to get at least 2-3 opinions, 1-2 being from them.  wishing you well while researching your revision.

Charlotte Maier
on 1/4/15 3:34 am - Belfair, WA

Has your friend had any problems with the JIB? Are their any plans to have a revision?

Charlotte
airbender
on 1/4/15 4:16 am

yes she has had many issues, she developed osteoporosis, severe pain that she didnt have before surgery, she has problems keeping her lytes balanced and she lost either all or most of her stomach or most-but I am not sure if that was caused by JIB.  This was an emergency surgery, of which she has had many and now she is just trying to make it one day at a time.  Every dr has recommended to have it taken down and converted to another weight loss as I have, but I think she is just sick of so many surgeries.  there are not many people still out there with the JIB, you are unusual, if there is a specific question, PM me and I can ask her and get back to you.  I hope you find your answers

Charlotte Maier
on 1/7/15 1:42 am - Belfair, WA

Yes that answers alot. I have had a few problems. I have been lucky. Not many of us are still around. The AMA does suggest that anyone still intact have it revised as soon as possible. My problem was none of my insurances would not cover it. Hopefully the one I have now will help me. I have an appointment on Friday to get a referral.

You stated your friend lost most or all of her stomach, can you explain that a little more. Thank you

Charlotte
Most Active
Recent Topics