RNY 5/21/2004 - need revision

yolita1023s
on 1/13/15 8:26 am - Miami, FL

Hi everyone,

i haven't posted in a long time and I apologize for that. I just found out my old stomach connected to my pouch which is why I have been so uncontrollably hungry and gained a lot of weight since the good old post op days... I am 10 years post op and am wondering if any of you who've had revision of RNY can fill me in on what to expect.

thanks guys!

Chilipepper
on 1/13/15 3:19 pm

That happened to me but I also developed a fistula between both. I needed a gastrectomy. It's not bad. Just like starting over. The preop and postop diet

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

ShebasMom
on 1/14/15 6:26 am
Revision on 07/05/16

Chilipepper,  Did you have any revision to your small intestine? I'm in the process (jumping through the hoops,lol) of a distal revision. No DS due to GERD. Mine is metabolic, as I was gaining weight on 1600 calories and weighing 230 lbs! I'm on a  supervised 1100-1200 calories diet with exercise and lost 3 lbs in 10 weeks. I haven't been scoped yet, so not sure of pouch stoma, but I have restriction at 10-12 oz. I see my surgeon again early Feb.  My surgeon does 150-200 cm common channels. (what is yours, if you're distal) I've had chronic constipation most of my life and hope that a distal will give me some relief.

Ginner
on 1/26/15 2:51 pm - Saint Paul, MN

Hi,

I just had revision RNY surgery on 1-6-15 after 7 years. I did not have it because of gaining back weight. It is just like having the first surgery all over again. Diet and everything. I have to say, this time around it is kicking my butt. lol. I was reminded, I am 7 years older now !! I am 51. If you would like to know alot more on why I had it and what more to expect you can e-mail me @ [email protected]. If not thats OK too. I wish you the best.. Gina

Most Active
Recent Topics