Has anyone here had their sleeve resleeved?

MsBatt
on 3/19/15 10:19 am

Okay, then, post on the DS board asking about DS surgeons in NJ. Unless you consult with a doc who routinely does the DS, you're going to be told you can't GET a DS.

If the DS is your surgery of choice, and there isn't a DS surgeon in your state, can't you appeal? I know Dr. Mitch Roslin in NY is a highly experienced revisions surgeon who does the DS.

Star0210
on 3/20/15 1:33 am
DS on 11/28/14

Dr. Greenbaum.

Appleshaped
on 5/8/15 2:26 pm

Does he have good cash pay prices?

Kiwigal
on 3/18/15 2:25 pm
Revision on 05/02/16
Hi DeeDee. i too have had a similar experience and know of another woman who has the same thing. I have put back on about 18 kilos and just had some tests done recently where it shows my stomach has effectively gone back to a more normal size.
I am thinking of a gastric bypass revision rather than a sleeve given the body's obvious propensity to try to go back to normal. I did have my sleeve done a few years ago though and apparently the technique is much better now. So yes my weight has started to gain too. i don't want to go through this in another-8 years and it seems the bypass has better long term results. The thing about the sleeve though is it does not change your anatomy like a bypass. Decisions decisions decisions.....

MsBatt
on 3/19/15 10:22 am

You should also research getting s Duodenal Switch. The DS can be done with or without re-Sleeving you, and there's a lot of evidence that Sleeve size doesn't really matter much with the DS---its long-term success rate (the best of any form of WLS) relies on the permanent malabsorption of calories that ONLy the DS provides.

Kiwigal
on 3/19/15 10:44 am
Revision on 05/02/16
We don't have the DS over here in lil ole NZ. Surgeons over here do not recommend it under any cir****tances. Not sure the exact reasons why as i like the idea of it.

Traci D.
on 5/1/15 7:26 am - Forestville, Md

I am glad I came on this forum I felt all alone I thought I was the only one gaining weight back I had my VBG with sleeve in 2005 and two years ago I gained about 42lbs so far I reached out to my surgeron and I will be getting more restriction hoping the insurance will cover it I will find out next week.

jjgonzalez30
on 11/9/15 2:36 pm - Livermore , CA
WLS on 05/09/13

If you find any information about resleeving please let me know. 

CElizabeth
on 12/24/16 6:45 pm
VSG on 11/10/16

Hi,

I have researched the sleeve and in MANY CASES PEOPLE HAVE HAD TO GET IT RE DONE 3-6 YEARS LATER. My own surgeon said people come back to him 2 yrs later to get it re done. I knew that before surgery, that this could happen, that is a strong possibility. Mexico you can get a re sleeve for less than $6,000

HARRISBURG Pa 

Revision to Gastric Sleeve Nov 10, 2016

Lap band Removed June 2016

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

Most Active
Recent Topics